Underwear- What, how many, how many days.... TP, Handi Wipes or Paper Towels....

Rhino

FNG
This is gunna be a fun one :ROFLMAO:

Okay, I'm not new to this and have my own plan of attack for this. Of recent I've been using Exoficcios (hunting and daily actually), bring two pairs on anywhere from a 4 day to 10 day hunt and obviously this story problems answer says I will change half way through. This is rare though, I've rolled back home many times in the same pair I left with. Don't judge me😇

My wife thinks I'm nuts, disguising and she said she couldn't even talk to me about this when I got back from my last hunt. Funny thing is we've been married for 15 years, so this ain't nothing new, but coming up now... Why? Well, in full disclosure, I developed a fairly significant, irritation in my nether region. It only lasted a couple days and I just accredited it to a heat rash or maybe my Exofficos are worn out and not a soft as they used to be, which I've heard guys say happens. Well, my wife said it's because I don't change my underwear daily, because I don't cleanse my nether region daily and my skin is ROTTING:sick::confused:😂

Let's hear it! Underwear- type/days, handi wipes, TP or paper towels and general backcountry hygiene?????

Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stid2677

WKR
Right side, wrong side, inside, outside. :) I pregame by greasing up with Boudreaux's Butt Paste, this stuff really helps with crotch rot. I only pack one extra pair no matter how long I'm out. One roll of TP and a few baby wipes that have been allowed to dry out.

Ac338

WKR
I brought 2 pairs of Blackovis underwear for 12 days, could of gone with one but with the fear of an unexpected chili mac shart in my head ill always carry two. I also packed 5 wet wipes a day and rolled up enough tp in a ziploc for a dump a day.

Geewhiz

WKR
As long as I follow dry wipes with wet wipes I have been known to go 5 days or more with the same pair of undies. I always bring an extra pair just in case I have a disaster though....

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
Love it!! Surprised by the amount of moist wipes hitting the field. I'll have to add that to my pack... I too think I'd have to follow with a dry wipe. I hate the feeing after a wet wipe and the required dance on the mountain to dry things out would be too much LOL

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
Right side, wrong side, inside, outside. :) I pregame by greasing up with Boudreaux's Butt Paste, this stuff really helps with crotch rot. I only pack one extra pair no matter how long I'm out. One roll of TP and a few baby wipes that have been allowed to dry out.
I've heard about the butt paste and just can't come to doing it, it feels too weird. Do you put it on every morning?

Moserkr

WKR
Enough TP for daily use but sometimes I forget it. Been known to use young pine branches for that piney fresh scent - just dont go against the needles!! One dried out wet wipe a day, use it last and wipe the boys first. One pair of underwear, if it gets bad then wash and dry in the hot tent. This list doesnt even change when truck hunting lol. Never used the Boudreaux’s butt paste on myself but it worked wonders for my kid so Im a huge fan. I also brush my teeth and wear scent killer deodorant. Have used clorox wipes too in a pinch and you know you’re clean when it burns! Hahahaha somethings wrong with me.

Stid2677

WKR
I've heard about the butt paste and just can't come to doing it, it feels too weird. Do you put it on every morning?
No, as needed, it last a long time. I also rehydrate the wet wipes by adding a bit of filtered water.

I’m pretty much the same as you, but I only bring one extra pair of underwear (usually Exofficio), and I often times only wear one pair. I’ve always only brought toilet paper, or paper towels for wipes, but on my last couple hunts I’ve been taking a designated amount of wet wipes and I’m really liking the upgrade. Okay, so having said that, there’s a couple guys on the cheap gear thread, that have been bragging up the portable bidet, and I gotta say that, I’m curious. My only hangup is that, I don’t know if I want to spend that much time focusing on my ass when I’m on a hunt. I’ve never had any issues, so I don’t know if it’s worth the extra trouble, but I also think that, sometimes a person really doesn’t know how much they’re missing out, until somebody tells them about how much they are missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
Enough TP for daily use but sometimes I forget it. Been known to use young pine branches for that piney fresh scent - just dont go against the needles!! One dried out wet wipe a day, use it last and wipe the boys first. One pair of underwear, if it gets bad then wash and dry in the hot tent. This list doesnt even change when truck hunting lol. Never used the Boudreaux’s butt paste on myself but it worked wonders for my kid so Im a huge fan. I also brush my teeth and wear scent killer deodorant. Have used clorox wipes too in a pinch and you know you’re clean when it burns! Hahahaha somethings wrong with me.
Oohhh, clorox sounds like a go to for clean boys!

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
I’m pretty much the same as you, but I only bring one extra pair of underwear (usually Exofficio), and I often times only wear one pair. I’ve always only brought toilet paper, or paper towels for wipes, but on my last couple hunts I’ve been taking a designated amount of wet wipes and I’m really liking the upgrade. Okay, so having said that, there’s a couple guys on the cheap gear thread, that have been bragging up the portable bidet, and I gotta say that, I’m curious. My only hangup is that, I don’t know if I want to spend that much time focusing on my ass when I’m on a hunt. I’ve never had any issues, so I don’t know if it’s worth the extra trouble, but I also think that, sometimes a person really doesn’t know how much they’re missing out, until somebody tells them about how much they are missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bidet ain't happening! hahaha My wife asked what I thought about a bidet at home the other day.... Uh, NOPE, no way!!!! Funny how BIDET and BIDEN are so close in similarity..... LOL

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
Normally I will use one wet wipe and then put it back in my pocket to reuse for the next go round. If poops are too close together I use the dry side until the wet side has time to dry out again. Can get several days out of a single wipe.
Now we're talking. That sounds like something I'd think about doing and something my wife would be disgusted with!

1 pair of black ovis merino for a seven day hunt. I would say good wipe down with wet wipes every other day

Rob5589

WKR
Exoficcio, paper towels, diaper wipes, pre-game with lots of Glide. Paper towels are far more versatile than tp. Always 3 pair but don't usually use more than two. ALWAYS have a spare when eating freeze dried meals for days.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Wool blend boxer briefs for me. I dont take extra underwear, but my trips are usually a week or less. Plenty of TP. About a wipe per day.

Also, I take a handful wysi wipes. They are compressed wipes that you hydrate in the field. They are surprisingly tough and only weight like 2 grams each.

ericbeb

FNG
Half roll of to and 3 wet whips per day 1 pair of Exofficos and 1 pair of firstlite merino

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
+1 for daily wipes. I bring two pairs and treat one like a backup. It's easier to run one pair for longer depending on the weather -- did a Nevada hunt in August at 10K feet, lots of climbing and lots of sweating and really put one pair to the test for six days.

Here's a controversial opinion: I really don't like the hunting brands underwear, especially merino stuff. It just doesn't hold up and gets saggy. I've been running Nike compression tights/shorts or the sorta Speedo you'd wear doing an Ironman for the last few years. Been extremely happy going that way. Oh -- one caveat -- the Stone Glacier tights are an exception to this. They're fleece, for cold weather, they hold up for days, and they rule.

Another little thing that I'll probably regret sharing because they'll now just be sold out all of the time -- but Nike makes a compression combat tight that I used to wear playing football that is PERFECT for antelope hunting -- it has very low profile built in knee and hip pads -- and I've worn them for days at time crawling around after antelope.