Unfollowing Hunting Social Media Will Make Hunting Better: Matt Rinella Essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA209

FNG
DFBE48A9-B7EC-4C70-81EB-466036CA5EEB.jpeg
Are we still all meeting for our “brotherhood of the elk woods” pizza night with our new rogan Fanny packs?

What would you think if your brother came on your show, called you a liar and threatened to publicly embarrass you by outing you and telling the world of all of the less than palatable things you have done while hunting? I wonder how Matt would feel if Steve contacted his employer and started relaying dirt he knows about his brother just because he disagrees with or doesn't think that what he does for a living is honorable? It is not like Steve is trafficking drugs or human organs. Leaving something out of a TV show isn't necessarily a lie if you know that it is going to be damaging to hunting. Meat Eater has a different demographic than many if not all of the other hunting shows. Are we now required to show every step of how to make the sausage?

Bottom line for me......I think Matt made some valid points but the level of jealousy and selfishness flowing from everything he wrote and said on the podcast is a bad look.

I want to know what they had to edit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDXRN

FNG
I don’t think anyone can credibly complain about social media hunting posts unless you’ve spent your earlier life complaining about taxidermy and taxidermists. People are free to brag and remember their hunts in any way they choose.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
I love grip n grins...I grew up in the south slaying lots of deer. What attracted me to hunting was seeing all the polaroid pics at the country store holding their dead deer up and smiling. All the meeting up with other hunters after every hunt was icing on the cake. 30 years later I'm just as passionate today as before. I'm not worried about a dumb podcast and show that wants to pacify hunting only for meat nor am I worried about a butt hurt brother that wants everyone to stop posting pics and stop crowding his hunting spots.... I wish Matt would feel the same way about "other" people crowding this country than he does "his" hunting spots. This whole 70 page thread has me thinking that most should just worry about themselves and not how hunters or non hunters look at them.

I wish Matt would feel the same way about "other" people crowding this country than he does "his" hunting spots.

Odd turn. Has he been outspoken on immigration? Don't suppose there's a big illegal immigrant problem in Miles City.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve watched this thread the last few days and haven’t seen any new ideas or discussions come up (save the joke posts). And it’s dwindled to just a few posts a day.

It’s been a good discussion but I’m going to lock it.

We gave everyone (who stayed civil) equal time, including those we don’t agree with.

Good debate and thanks for those who kept it civil.

Lots of points to consider and some to ignore…

I’ll remember this thread when I use my social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.