Unicorn pills for my 300 prc

Last month I started putting on paper about building a rifle for my self. It was mind blowing about building a gun cal you can’t find Ammo for! But than I realized build what you want and you will find the ammo! Well the first parts of my 300 prc showed up! 5 boxes of Ammo and 5 more on the way of 212 eldx! Action is on order from Defiance, bottom metal and rings are on order from @HawkinsPrecision, and a Ziess V4 4-16-44. Now to get my manners stock, carbon barrel, and trigger on order too.

Than off the the smith!

64D9E379-C6D7-4139-B86D-EFFA3AA2D77B.jpeg

Last edited:

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Congrats! Finding any ammo is nuts. 300 prc especially.

PM if you want help getting a Proof carbon fiber barrel and triggertech trigger, I have a contact with a very large Proof distributor if your smith can't save you some serious coin off the MAP pricing.

archp625

WKR
Last month I started putting on paper about building a rifle for my self. It was mind blowing about building a gun cal you can’t find Ammo for! But than I realized build what you want and you will find the ammo! Well the first parts of my 300 prc showed up! 5 boxes of Ammo and 5 more on the way of 212 eldx! Action is on order from Defiance, bottom metal and rings are on order from @HawkinsPrecision, and a Ziess V4 4-16-44. Now to get my manners stock, carbon barrel, and trigger on order too.

Than off the the smith!

View attachment 265609
Worth more than Gold right now!!!!

OP
Corey Paulsen (teamkabob)
Congrats! Finding any ammo is nuts. 300 prc especially.

PM if you want help getting a Proof carbon fiber barrel and triggertech trigger, I have a contact with a very large Proof distributor if your smith can't save you some serious coin off the MAP pricing.
Ya. I hope to find a couple more boxes. But looking for components now. Brass ADG, powder h1000, and projectiles.

rayporter

WKR
it sure aint funny!
i finally got brass headed my way-at least they claim it was shipped. you cant believe it till its in the chamber.

i am worried about barrels now. have you been reading about the steel shortage?
the price may go through the roof on barrels next.

Whisky

WKR
@teamkabob may I ask where you got the ammo? PM if you'd like.

@rayporter may I ask where you got the brass? PM me if you'd like. I have backorders placed with a couple vendors for ADG/Lapua. Did you get Hornady?

I'm half way through a 300 PRC build and I've yet to find any factory 212 ELDX, and have now started hunting components. My intentions were to avoid reloading for at least the first year. Guess that may change.

rayporter

WKR
sorry, i hope i did not mislead you.
the brass i needed was 6.5 grendel. i am building a 6mm grinch [a necked down 6.5 ]
i put in orders at graff, midway, midsouth, brownells, and kept watch at precison reloading and powder valley.
graff claims they have sent an order and midway claims they have sent an order. both claim the shipped lapua last week.
check them all every day.

midway played games. they only allowed me 100 cases. and they would sell out in about an hour. then the next day they would put up some more and i got a bud to order some for me. that lot sold out in 3 hours cause it was early morning. that night they put up another lot and it went in minutes.

OP
it sure aint funny!
i finally got brass headed my way-at least they claim it was shipped. you cant believe it till its in the chamber.

i am worried about barrels now. have you been reading about the steel shortage?
the price may go through the roof on barrels next.
I hope not $$

OP
@teamkabob may I ask where you got the ammo? PM if you'd like.

@rayporter may I ask where you got the brass? PM me if you'd like. I have backorders placed with a couple vendors for ADG/Lapua. Did you get Hornady?

I'm half way through a 300 PRC build and I've yet to find any factory 212 ELDX, and have now started hunting components. My intentions were to avoid reloading for at least the first year. Guess that may change.
Sent you a PM

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
Finding ammo/components is half the battle right now. Looks like you're well on your way.