Unique SW trophy

Northpark

WKR
So this is my first season as an AZ resident chasing coues deer with a bow. My brother is down visiting and my daughter and wife had dance stuff going on so me and my brother took my 5 year old son out to just kinda mess around and glass for deer. We left the house and drove about 20 minutes from town and started driving in on the Mesa we were going to glass off the edge of. About 2 miles in we suddenly saw movement next to the road in some thick ponderosa and oaks. My brother and kid yelled “Coati!” So I bailed out of the truck and took off running. I ended up shooting this very interesting critter about 100 yards later. Coati are certainly a unique bonus trophy.
B449082B-7B81-4963-8343-B41DF2D54511.jpeg4ED34CA8-EE33-484B-8437-089BBCF1785B.jpeg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That is an interesting thing there. I’ve really backed off on tormenting and killing small forest creatures over the past few years. I used to really haze the shit out of foxes, porcupines, martins and stuff like that but I started feeling bad.

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
That is an interesting thing there. I’ve really backed off on tormenting and killing small forest creatures over the past few years. I used to really haze the shit out of foxes, porcupines, martins and stuff like that but I started feeling bad.
Ya me too. I can’t really justify shooting things I’m not gonna utilize. If I can sell the fur or eat it I’ll shoot it but if I can’t use the animal somehow then they get a pass. This one is getting tanned as the fur is actually rather nice and we are gonna try to eat it.