Unit 10 New Mexico

tbarile

FNG
I have an opportunity to hunt unit 10 New Mexico the first archery season. I’ve been loook g for info on this unit but can’t find much . I’ve heard there are monsters here but I would be just as happy with A bull over 270. How realistic is that here? Thanks

OP
T

tbarile

FNG
Surprised nobody is willing to share experiences in unit 10. NMGF shows success rate at only 16% for 2019 which is some of the lowest in the state.

LBuchser

WKR
I'll follow this up and say I got a antlerless landowner tag for Unit 10, December 19th-23rd. Been E-Scouting and researching and cant find a lot either.

mzurovec

FNG
I was supposed to go first archery, but ended up getting my dad to come along during rifle in mid October. Tagged here as I'm interested to hear how you do and what you learn.

I’m headed here during the muzzleloader season for the first time! I’d love to her anybody’s experiences they’ve had with this unit...

ZDR

WKR
I have an opportunity to hunt unit 10 New Mexico the first archery season. I’ve been loook g for info on this unit but can’t find much . I’ve heard there are monsters here but I would be just as happy with A bull over 270. How realistic is that here? Thanks
[/QUOTE/]
I would advise getting on top of some of the Mesa’s that are 7500-8k elevation and hunt the coolest darkest places you can find. I’ve done some hiking there (cibola natl forest) and definitely see elk sign. There are canyons and draws that have small springs and grassy areas that might be prime. Wish I could help more. I live near unit 10 but just haven’t hunted It or know anyone who has.

Toothy12

FNG
I'm interested in this too, i started a new thread to see if it sparked interest but there's not a lot of info out there (at least that's willing to be discussed). I've done a good bit of scouting and I'll be leaving this coming Friday for 8 days. I'll definitely report back either way. I dont have high hopes as its a completely new area to me and Ill be solo but Im excited just to get out!

I'm interested in this too, i started a new thread to see if it sparked interest but there's not a lot of info out there (at least that's willing to be discussed). I've done a good bit of scouting and I'll be leaving this coming Friday for 8 days. I'll definitely report back either way. I dont have high hopes as its a completely new area to me and Ill be solo but Im excited just to get out!
Have any luck? We leave for unit 10 here in a couple weeks

Jbl

FNG
Found this thread looking for info on unit 10. We have a cow hunt in December. Any advice on the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jens22

FNG
How was your guys unit 10 hunt!? Tag out? I just got drawn for archery hunt unit 10. Would love any tips. I am going to scout my ass off this summer. But a tip is a tip! Thanka in advance🙏

NMLocal

Jens22

FNG
Did you end up hunting this unit? Just drew the tag. Archery. 1st September hunt.

Jens22

FNG
How was your hunt?? I drew unit 10 archery this year. About to start scouting as soon as turkey season is done, any tips?