Unit 23 closure 2016

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to here from anyone that hunted unit 23 and 26a the last time they closed the noatak preserve. Just looking for a prespevtive as to what’s available and not.

You can pm me if that works better

chucko

FNG
Over the last 20 or so years I have hunted on state land probably 5-6 times some by choice and in 2016 we had to . Some of my state land hunts were epic I like the rest of you was pretty worried about the 2016 closure but I went anyways and it was awesome . So I guess what I would say is just go for it put your worries aside and enjoy your hunt

I hunted 23 in 2016. We were in a personal plane and targeting moose and pretty far south relatively speaking to where most caribou hunters are. We pulled the plug a couple days early after filling bear and moose tags but if we would've stuck around another 24 hours we would've been covered up in caribou. Last load out we flew up river a bit and saw two groups floating with full rafts and plenty animals. Know of another guy that was out that year on a different river and they all tagged out. Talked with the trooper a few times over the course of that trip and he made it sound like people were doing well regardless.

They guy I was with was a mutual friend with Jared from GE so we had a couple drinks in Kotz at the end of the trip. He said they were having a great year and shared some nice picture to back it up. No reason for him to need to stretch us on the truth.