Unit 23 reports

mitschkeb

FNG
We fly out on the 9th hopefully have something to report .

Sent from my Nokia 8 V 5G UW using Tapatalk

Uintah

FNG
We'll be right behind you, flying out on the 12th! Only 19 more days to go, but who's counting?! LoL

Slugz

WKR
Fly in 1 Sep come out 8th Sept. Im seeing a fair amount of animals on Instagram. Below is from a trusted source and friend.

"Based on other social media agents, it does appear that the heard is very healthy with a large quantity and quality of Caribou"

OP
WildGooseChase
I like the sounds of that! I'm hoping there will have been some temps low enough to knock the bugs back a bit before we get to the field. Has your friend mentioned anything related?

I would be curious to know how those of you up there this year navigate the new rule on a single set of antlers per plane from Alaska Airlines.

I'm booked for next September...

Slugz

WKR

Wanted to put this link up for all the non aviation types. Green VFR is good. Red/Pink IFR is bad. Blue is hit or miss depending on destination.
Kotz is having a rough patch now and starting to get backed up. Just posting for everyones awareness.

DFloTN

FNG

Wanted to put this link up for all the non aviation types. Green VFR is good. Red/Pink IFR is bad. Blue is hit or miss depending on destination.
Kotz is having a rough patch now and starting to get backed up. Just posting for everyones awareness.

That's a great link... Thanks! Anybody getting updates from their transporters on flying or weather?

Slugz

WKR
Seems that the ones that are on the ground are doing good. " lots of animals movin"
Is what Im being told.

My gut is weather is gonna be an issue. Seems like its pretty hard to get more than one full day of flying before 2 or 3 days of poor weather comes in.

VaHntr

FNG
I just got out of the field from a hunt in Unit 23 yesterday. We were in the field 5 days longer than planned due to weather. The bright side was that gave us some great opportunities for extra hunting time. Caribou we saw were sporadic, but definitely there. We did not see herds bigger than 10 until our last day … with most being cow / calf groups.

I think the best is yet to come after these cold winds / snow. When we flew in on Aug 13, most of mountains were barren. Flying out yesterday, all mountains were snow capped. I was able to take a bull on day 2 of the extra hunting time we were given by the weather gods.

38F2E893-A1E0-491F-8C52-76F8828C9BD8.jpeg
FD479F27-E9E6-4474-899B-F5AE13D350CA.jpeg

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
I just got out of the field from a hunt in Unit 23 yesterday. We were in the field 5 days longer than planned due to weather. The bright side was that gave us some great opportunities for extra hunting time. Caribou we saw were sporadic, but definitely there. We did not see herds bigger than 10 until our last day … with most being cow / calf groups.

I think the best is yet to come after these cold winds / snow. When we flew in on Aug 13, most of mountains were barren. Flying out yesterday, all mountains were snow capped. I was able to take a bull on day 2 of the extra hunting time we were given by the weather gods.

View attachment 321194
View attachment 321193
What transporter? Congrats