Unit 23 reports

Chuckybmd

WKR
That is "NOT" my point even remotely. When I read through this thread I read a lot of sad stories, a lot of frustration and anguish. I read about hunts that were largely nightmares, I don't read much about members have "Dream" wilderness experiences.
Hmm gaslighting much? Clearly your post was a jab at non-resident hunters.

Seems like a weird play to ridicule others taking the opportunity to have a once in a lifetime hunt, on a hunting forum no less.

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
My two cents: our caribou hunt in 2019 was our first. Yes, it had its share of issues relating to the outfitter. Yes, our campsite sucked which was the fault of the outfitter. Yes, it cost a fair bit of money, and a couple of us on the trip had to save a long time to make it work for our family budgets.

But...despite the problems and issues, I had an absolute helluva memorable hunt and time spent with my friends and family members in the Arctic. That was the point of the whole adventure. I had never before been in the presence of caribou, had never shot a caribou, had never shot nor eaten ptarmigan, and had never been charged by a grizzly before. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. It was a total hoot and that is why we are doing it again in 2022!

Ickle1979

FNG
My
So after reading a lot of these posts. I'm hear to say that I'm damn glad I cancelled my trip with this, Carney clown operation. This is the second year my group has had to cancel with Arctic Air. First year due to covid. Insurance screwed us over wouldn't cover any refunds. So Sheila gets another 1087.00 from the three of us obviously crams us onto the schedule for this year. Gets a bad week of weather, can't keep up with everything and screws everyone up there. Gives us a ( don't come up email ) and tells us to stay home. Bad thing for us we're all out about 5,000 dollars a piece with this outfit. We rolled the dice and got screwed. This process was a complete failure. Went through a booking agent got insurance trusted this Arctic Air the whole way through and got f@#$&$ in the end. For her to profit off of not doing a service is wrong. I'm ok with loosing a little money and learning a lesson. But to profit off of a few emails over the course of 2 yrs. What a joke. This is my first post of many. And I will be loud on other platforms if we don't get any money back. We will never attempt this again. I hope people reading take this seriously. Get yourself insured with someone that will cover it. And do your own research and planning!!!
family and I are in the same boat…they took our money and right now seems they ran with it. We should get a refund from them….but problem not gonna happen, they made 15k doing nothing!! I’ve submitted insurance claim. but I will go next year, not with AA!!

BJPatt724

FNG
Just got back from our trip with Golden Eagle. Cannot say enough about the service we received. They run a great outfit and the girls that help out are UNDER RATED Heather and China are fantastic. What an awesome adventure, even had a bear follow me through a thicket. Not the biggest Caribou but I am happyCaribou Hunt 21 My Bou.jpg

Last edited:

Ickle1979

FNG
Be sure to file a complaint with the AG and the commercial Service Board on the off chance that AA doesn't file bankruptcy

Just got back from our trip with Golden Eagle. Cannot say enough about the service we received. They run a great outfit and the girls that help out are UNDER RATED Heather and Chia are fantastic. What an awesome adventure, even had a bear follow me through a thicket. Not the biggest Caribou but I am happyView attachment 328006
That is one beautiful bou beautiful
Just got back from our trip with Golden Eagle. Cannot say enough about the service we received. They run a great outfit and the girls that help out are UNDER RATED Heather and Chia are fantastic. What an awesome adventure, even had a bear follow me through a thicket. Not the biggest Caribou but I am happyView attachment 328006
Bou beautiful

AKBorn

WKR
Just got back from our trip with Golden Eagle. Cannot say enough about the service we received. They run a great outfit and the girls that help out are UNDER RATED Heather and China are fantastic. What an awesome adventure, even had a bear follow me through a thicket. Not the biggest Caribou but I am happyView attachment 328006
Awesome! Congrats and glad you had a great trip.

mitschkeb

FNG
Golden Eagle now has that turbine otter that can really move hunters and gear. A huge investment to provide better service.
Had might be awhile before it's up and running.
Just got home yesterday I will post a report soon as I can.
1842ee46381ce8d337d88342dd90c2b5.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 V 5G UW using Tapatalk

Uintah

FNG
I also just returned this week from our hunt with Ram Aviation. Brian, Ben, Megan, Hunter....The whole crew went way out of their way to ensure we had the trip of a lifetime! And, that's exactly what it was the hunt, adventure, trip of a lifetime! We saw and experienced everything we hoped for, caribou, grizzlies, muskox, sun, snow, and even the northern lights during a rare, clear night!

Caribou.jpg

Northern Lights.jpg

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
I also just returned this week from our hunt with Ram Aviation. Brian, Ben, Megan, Hunter....The whole crew went way out of their way to ensure we had the trip of a lifetime! And, that's exactly what it was the hunt, adventure, trip of a lifetime! We saw and experienced everything we hoped for, caribou, grizzlies, muskox, sun, snow, and even the northern lights during a rare, clear night!

View attachment 328993

View attachment 328995
Very nice bull!

trapperJ

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 328993

View attachment 328995
Congrats on the adventure!

Brian is as good as people get..

View attachment 328993

View attachment 328995

View attachment 328993

View attachment 328995
Nice bull, I hunted with Ram this year and they were awesome. Had the trip of a lifetime.

Last edited:
@Salty Heart how did you do? Let’s see some pictures!
We were blessed with two good bulls and a great time. We are very happy with Ram. Brian, Meghan, Ben and Hunter are all really good people. We were there when your group flew back in from the field.

Attachments

• ak.jpg
    ak.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 60
  • ak1.jpg
    ak1.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 59
  • ak2.jpg
    ak2.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 63
  • ak3.jpg
    ak3.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 66
  • ak4.jpg
    ak4.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 64
  • ak5.jpg
    ak5.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 65
  • ak6.jpg
    ak6.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 63

Uintah

FNG
That's right, I remember you guys! As we flew out of the field you guys were being flown in! Very nice bulls by the way. Great pictures!

My buddy and I did our first caribou hunt first week of Sept a d flew with Golden Eagle. It was a great trip! Had some weather delays getting into the field but once in it was awesome. Got dropped in more remote and mountainous area than most other groups. Both punched our tags with decent bulls and came back happy. Like someone else said, China and Heather at GE are awesome and make that place run- crazy to see what happened with the Otter though! Ouch.
53AC7C48-1005-447F-857D-00A79C98EB1A.jpeg32C37CF6-5629-4239-B5BF-99097C23722A.jpegE88BF721-2786-47F8-B709-69767FA3EA8A.jpeg