Unit 28 General information

chas

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado Unit 28 General information

Taking my son out for his first time ever to the west. We have zero points. I was planing to get both an elk and mule deer tag for this unit because I believe that it's our best option for both. The would be a first week of archery hunt out of packs. Set up base camp, spike out from there. I have hunted out west numerous times. I have hunted WY outside of Cody numerous times for both. Looking for general information but would take anything. Thank you for any information

Last edited:
Assuming Colorado. If so, get up high, real high! Been in there hunting other species and all the elk I've seen will take work to get out and hard work is something that has never scared me with elk.

OP
chas

chas

Lil-Rokslider
WHat is the pressure like in that area for early archery? That's one of my main concerns. It's very close to Denver

It's a huge unit so you can get away. Pressure always varies it seems. One of my spots is really high, other much lower. High spot you don't see people.

oldgoat

WKR
Every new person in Denver goes there to hike or hunt, it's where I got my first elk and the key thing is figure out where everybody else is and Hunt where they aren't.