Unit 28 Idaho Mule Deer Hunt

Looking for some advice and someone who could point me in a direction of where to start in unit 28? Me and one of my buddy’s have never been on a mule deer hunt or to Idaho but from everything we have kind of read we want to start somewhere in unit 28 October hunt. But going in completely blind not knowing any of the area and just going off topographical maps is tough. We are willing to hike and put the work in to get away from people and want a really good chance at bagging a couple of bucks any tips on terrain and parts that you don’t want to go to would be awesome! Also, willing to trade out some whitetail or turkey hunts even fishing trips in Oklahoma if interested. We are trying to start something new we can do every year and having friends in different states to hunt different game would be awesome.

Looking for some advice and someone who could point me in a direction of where to start in unit 28? Me and one of my buddy’s have never been on a mule deer hunt or to Idaho but from everything we have kind of read we want to start somewhere in unit 28 October hunt. But going in completely blind not knowing any of the area and just going off topographical maps is tough. We are willing to hike and put the work in to get away from people and want a really good chance at bagging a couple of bucks any tips on terrain and parts that you don’t want to go to would be awesome! Also, willing to trade out some whitetail or turkey hunts even fishing trips in Oklahoma if interested. We are trying to start something new we can do every year and having friends in different states to hunt different game would be awesome.

Seth, I grew up there and have hunted 28 on and off most of my life. Shoot me a DM and we can continue the conversation there. Or text me at (208) 993-9183.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seth, I grew up there and have hunted 28 on and off most of my life. Shoot me a DM and we can continue the conversation there. Or text me at (208) 993-9183.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tayler, would you be able to give some input on unit 28 Idaho if I text you!? I usually hunt unit 29 but want to try for a bull elk and this is unit is OTC for bull elk and 29 isn’t unfortunately!