Unit 33/23/24

It could be you bet, you don't have to be sarcastic about it. From the information in this thread, where is the spot?

I wasn’t being sarcastic...
And, it seems all I’d have to do is message any of the other guys, and ask for the info.

Or maybe other guys already have...
Wonder how many guys in the future will google CO GMU 33,23,24 and this thread will pop up first and then they become members just to message the other guys for information.

Sure adds up quickly!

sndmn11

WKR
I wasn’t being sarcastic...
And, it seems all I’d have to do is message any of the other guys, and ask for the info.

Or maybe other guys already have...
Wonder how many guys in the future will google CO GMU 33,23,24 and this thread will pop up first and then they become members just to message the other guys for information.

Sure adds up quickly!

You said you were confused, that seemed sarcastic.

That would be great if it would add up. As of right now, there are ~1400 leftover unrestricted elk tags in those three units. Which means despite having two over the counter rifle seasons, the harvest quota is still not being met and the population is over objective.

sndmn11

WKR
Any reason you won’t go over places I have scouted and am considering?

Yes, the glaring one is that you have four posts on this site. Every single one of them directed at me in this thread with zero effort over the last month to contribute to this forum community. I am sure your scouting will prove to be successful since it is the largest elk herd in the world. My toddler has accidentally posted more than that poking buttons when the laptop is accidentally left on the table trying to get Paw Patrol to magically appear.

jcameron

FNG
Yes, the glaring one is that you have four posts on this site. Every single one of them directed at me in this thread with zero effort over the last month to contribute to this forum community. I am sure your scouting will prove to be successful since it is the largest elk herd in the world. My toddler has accidentally posted more than that poking buttons when the laptop is accidentally left on the table trying to get Paw Patrol to magically appear.
I am sorry that I am new to this community and have been reading more than posting since most of the learning is done through listening..... Instead of shooting ones mouth off. Your arrogance and disrespect is beyond unnecessary and size of heard means nothing when considering the square mileage, terrain, and lack of rain this past year.

Brendan

WKR
I am sorry that I am new to this community and have been reading more than posting since most of the learning is done through listening..... Instead of shooting ones mouth off. Your arrogance and disrespect is beyond unnecessary and size of heard means nothing when considering the square mileage, terrain, and lack of rain this past year.

You've now made a total of 5 posts on this site, all geared at looking for info on units. And now you're being a dick to someone who does participate, and has been here for years. Really, really poor form.

If you want help, join the site, participate, and conduct business like this by private message after you've been around a while.

Either that, or don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

jcameron

FNG
You've now made a total of 5 posts on this site, all geared at looking for info on units. And now you're being a dick to someone who does participate, and has been here for years. Really, really poor form.

If you want help, join the site, participate, and conduct business like this by private message after you've been around a while.

Either that, or don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Me being a dick was in response to someone being arrogant and rude when simply asked a question. I am sure if most of you received the same responses you would have been pissed too. How does length of time on a site equate to ones right to be a dick? Again I have not posted since I am doing more learning and reading because I wanted to demonstrate the effort I have put in. I was not asking or him to tell me where elk are but rather if my locations are on the right path. But yes you guys are right, I am just here asking for you to point out the elks locations and I am being the ass for responding to a rude response.....

Brendan

WKR
Me being a dick was in response to someone being arrogant and rude when simply asked a question. I am sure if most of you received the same responses you would have been pissed too. How does length of time on a site equate to ones right to be a dick? Again I have not posted since I am doing more learning and reading because I wanted to demonstrate the effort I have put in. I was not asking or him to tell me where elk are but rather if my locations are on the right path. But yes you guys are right, I am just here asking for you to point out the elks locations and I am being the ass for responding to a rude response.....

If you're doing more reading and learning, then maybe you missed the thousands of threads where people exactly like you show up looking for spots, putting information out on the Internet for everyone to see now and years into the future (and in a lot of cases ruining those spots), without giving a damn thing back in return. Would you walk up to someone you'd never met in person, without so much as introducing yourself, and just expect them to tell you where to hunt? And then make sure that information is available to everyone like it was on the front page of the paper? Think about that for a minute before you get bent out of shape on the reaction you're getting.

sndmn11

WKR

The ironic part is that as @spike camp pointed out, I am one of the folks on this forum who advocates being helpful to people looking to hunt.

I don't think you were being a dick or anything remotely similar, so there is no need to apologize.

I respect that people are trying to learn, and likely don't know where to start. In this case, that respect was present, a month passed with no apparent effort on your part, that respect was lost with no damage occuring to your position since it is the same today as it was yesterday. Go hunt, have fun, be safe. If you read some of the posts in this thread you would see it is exponentially more about the hunter than the "spot".

jcameron

FNG
The ironic part is that as @spike camp pointed out, I am one of the folks on this forum who advocates being helpful to people looking to hunt.

I don't think you were being a dick or anything remotely similar, so there is no need to apologize.

I respect that people are trying to learn, and likely don't know where to start. In this case, that respect was present, a month passed with no apparent effort on your part, that respect was lost with no damage occuring to your position since it is the same today as it was yesterday. Go hunt, have fun, be safe. If you read some of the posts in this thread you would see it is exponentially more about the hunter than the "spot".
I thank you and apologize for not posting anything over the last month. I felt I had little to contribute since I am new to elk hunting And would rather listen than speak. I honestly wanted to make sure I, the hunter, am understanding what I am doing from more experienced hunters in hopes I too can someday pay it forward. Thank you though.

sndmn11

WKR
I thank you and apologize for not posting anything over the last month. I felt I had little to contribute since I am new to elk hunting And would rather listen than speak. I honestly wanted to make sure I, the hunter, am understanding what I am doing from more experienced hunters in hopes I too can someday pay it forward. Thank you though.

I understand that perspective and can empathize with it. I don't think one needs experience to contribute, a lot of times simple questions spurn great discussion that ends up being a wealth of valuable information.

Frankly, you'd be doing well in those units to hypothesize where the elk want to live, hypothesize where the elk would go to hide from people in nasty/timbered/steep/overlooked/etc sanctuary places, and imagine how they would get from A-B in the safest way. Hunt that route and hunt B, you will probably have fun.

Get some contribution in, get some days in your hunting season accomplished with the above plan, then send me a PM with what you found and we can go from there.

Ucsdryder

WKR
He got his information from me.

Tell one guy and by the time he tells his buddies and his buddies tell their buddies, then you won’t have to worry about them sharing the spot on the Internet! Spike is right, this is exactly why people should keep their info to themselves on a public forum full of strangers.

sndmn11

WKR
Tell one guy and by the time he tells his buddies and his buddies tell their buddies, then you won’t have to worry about them sharing the spot on the Internet! Spike is right, this is exactly why people should keep their info to themselves on a public forum full of strangers.

What information was shared? What was the effect? Ironically, you and I have two separate PM threads about me helping you ;)

I have zero issues with anyone, including myself, helping others when able and deemed appropriate. I also have zero issues with folks who choose not to help others for whatever reason. My issue with the latter is when those folks chastise and demean people for trying to learn. It really is as simple as that.

jcameron

FNG
I understand that perspective and can empathize with it. I don't think one needs experience to contribute, a lot of times simple questions spurn great discussion that ends up being a wealth of valuable information.

Frankly, you'd be doing well in those units to hypothesize where the elk want to live, hypothesize where the elk would go to hide from people in nasty/timbered/steep/overlooked/etc sanctuary places, and imagine how they would get from A-B in the safest way. Hunt that route and hunt B, you will probably have fun.

Get some contribution in, get some days in your hunting season accomplished with the above plan, then send me a PM with what you found and we can go from there.
I will definitely get back in touch after hunting and discuss what I learned and what I felt I did right and wrong. Thank you again.
And as for Ucsdryder, I have zero desire to share exact locations after I hunt this year. My goal is to learn as much as possible and then someday coach/guide others who are new on becoming better hunters.... providing they demonstrate the desire to learn and have put forth effort in learning/scouting. Loose lips sink ships and I do not want people to ruin an enjoyable and fun sport.