Unit NM Elk

I've been there the last 5 years calling for various friends for muzzy season. Phenominal is all i will say. Don't expect the biguns to come running in because they are hesitant to leave the cows, however they do seem to venture briefly about 60 yards from their harem at times but will return to them pretty quick. So theres that. However the satellites and raggies will throw caution to the wind. Multiple callers work best

Gila

WKR
We have had enough rain that the Lincoln National Forest should be be back to normal. Hunting elk in retirement is awesome because you are on your own schedule and can put in the time to bump up your odds of success. I think GMU 34 has enough elk that you can get out of it what you want to put into it. No doubt an awesome tag to look forward to!

Jman86

FNG
Just found out that I drew the Muzzleloader tag for unit 34 in New Mexico. I found the tread from last year and looks like guys did well and had fun. Anyone care to share their experiences with me? I currently live in Oregon but I am retiring next month and moving to Arizona. I will get to make at least one scouting trip plus I will show up early for the hunt. I am feeling pretty blessed right now, Thanks
Desperatehills, how did your hunt go last year. My brother and I got drawn for muzzy there this year and are looking forward to it.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Desperatehills, how did your hunt go last year. My brother and I got drawn for muzzy there this year and are looking forward to it.
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk