UNIT 43 Archery

bigcanyon

FNG
Some love this unit, some hate this unit. I drew my archery tag. Going in for four days and will do some July and August scouting trips. Any info on a trailhead to start at would be great! Distance is not a problem, I always bivy hunt I just have never been in this unit much other than hiking with my wife a few times. Thanks for any info.

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
Some love this unit, some hate this unit. I drew my archery tag. Going in for four days and will do some July and August scouting trips. Any info on a trailhead to start at would be great! Distance is not a problem, I always bivy hunt I just have never been in this unit much other than hiking with my wife a few times. Thanks for any info.
State?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Pueblo

FNG
I hunted it once. Didn't need to get too far off the trailhead to begin seeing bucks in the 160 class. Saw no monsters. I picked an offbeat area rather than head into the same high basins that David Long hunted. I had zero competition other than a bear that chased the bucks out of my basin.

Tsnider

WKR
i live here, the biggest ones i see live in town and never leave.

as far as trails go, my opinion is to revise your opening paragraph to "send me a PM". if anyone posts a trail publically, you can count on way more people than you showing up as well. or if you do find a good spot, in the future it will be ruined by this post. anyone, memeber or not can google key words and come across this thread. just some advice to help you as well as everyone else.

ill be out in 43 primarily for elk, but every year i have a buck cross my path and not have a care that im standing there.