Unit 44 Colorado

I know this thread is getting on the older side of things but wanted to try and reach out. Last year i was on the short end of the draw stick with 50% of the people with my points getting the tag for unit 44. Guess what i was on the other 50%. This year i am hoping that i will be on the good side of the draw and wanted to see if anyone has been there and can give me some advice on how to hunt 44 4th season? I know (hope) there will be quite a bit of snow high and i am looking for good south facing slopes but i am lost as to where to even start scouting.

This forum has always been a great place to bounce ideas and i hope this is no different.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

I know this thread is getting on the older side of things but wanted to try and reach out. Last year i was on the short end of the draw stick with 50% of the people with my points getting the tag for unit 44. Guess what i was on the other 50%. This year i am hoping that i will be on the good side of the draw and wanted to see if anyone has been there and can give me some advice on how to hunt 44 4th season? I know (hope) there will be quite a bit of snow high and i am looking for good south facing slopes but i am lost as to where to even start scouting.

This forum has always been a great place to bounce ideas and i hope this is no different.

Thanks everyone for all your help.
Res or NR? How many points you got? I looked at the draw report for 2020 and NR 4th season 44 had a 25% chance of getting drawn with 24 points. Residents had a 20% chance with 18 points. It is going to take significantly more points than that this year to get drawn.

Had some issues with my account so I’m not sure if this is the thread that I had commented on saying I would be happy to share my experience from the 2nd season in unit 44 but if it is or if this is something your interested in feel free to give me a call at 435-790-1584.
Wondering if you would be interested with sharing some beta with me also I drew the 3rd season.
Thank You in advance

Res or NR? How many points you got? I looked at the draw report for 2020 and NR 4th season 44 had a 25% chance of getting drawn with 24 points. Residents had a 20% chance with 18 points. It is going to take significantly more points than that this year to get drawn.

So, currently I have 21 points as a Resident. I was the only one who didn't draw last year as a Resident with 20 points. I am confident that this will be my year. Been studying the maps. I'm always just trying to get a little bit smarter than last year and hopefully get lucky.

So, currently I have 21 points as a Resident. I was the only one who didn't draw last year as a Resident with 20 points. I am confident that this will be my year. Been studying the maps. I'm always just trying to get a little bit smarter than last year and hopefully get lucky.
Good luck. Hopefully you draw. Then slay a giant. I like hunting muleys too much to collect points. Once I have enough for my units, I go hunt them

ColoradoV

WKR
The snow early in 2022 put a hurting on the top end bucks in 44. Or most to all of the 1%res got killed last year.

Bucks only grow so fast so it will be interesting to see what’s left or hope for some to grow up fast.

Realistic expectations I will assume is 170”+ in there unless you know it real well or get lucky.

Good luck if you draw.

The snow early in 2022 put a hurting on the top end bucks in 44. Or most to all of the 1%res got killed last year.

Bucks only grow so fast so it will be interesting to see what’s left or hope for some to grow up fast.

Realistic expectations I will assume is 170”+ in there unless you know it real well or get lucky.

Good luck if you draw.
I've been speaking to a lot of people about the winter kill from this winter and it's going to be pretty bad. I know I have to walk in there with realistic expectations but in all of my years the best thing I can get is a good hunt and a decent buck. Thank you for the wishes I will take them and if you have any advice I'll always take that as well. Thank you again

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04