Unit 54 archery antelope

Just found out I drew unit 54 archery antelope in the left over draw. Seasons 7 days in already so I definitely feel more pressure than normal since I usually would have been scouting my butt off for a tag like this. Headed out with the kids tomorow to try to find a watering hole that’s being used heavily and get a blind set up. If anyone has any tips and wants to PM me that would be awesome. It’s a large unit and 4 hours away so it’s a bit daunting. Super excited to kill my first archery antelope though and learn a new unit.

OP
Timberline001
You got my tag! Lol. Never been to the unit personally but wish ya the best of luck.
Thanks, I’m happy to have the tag.
Been here for four hours and haven’t yet to find a goat on public or waterholes that have sign. I have a couple more hours before I need to head home though so I’m gonna keep at it.

H280

FNG
I’ve heard it’s a good tag and that most of the goats are on the west side of the unit. That’s all I know though.

OP
Timberline001
I ended up finding a valley on the west side with a decent amount of goats. Sat water and never had a shooter come in while I was sitting and made a few unsuccessful stalks. It was a great hunt though, definitely a quality over quantity type unit.

Bjon8912

FNG
Yup. I had the unlimited 44 and experienced the same results. Lots of good bucks. Did you use a decoy?