Unit 55 controlled hunt.

Looking to see if anyone is willing to share their experiences in unit 55 through PM. I'm familiar with the unit during the month of Sept but haven't been there in October. I have an idea of where I might want to go but it could be a gamble and am worried I might be wasting my time on deer that may or may not come off of private. I have it scheduled to hunt the 16th-24th.
Thanks for any help in advance.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
thats a hard time of year to hunt bucks. I would go earlier or later in the season if its the 5-31st of october. Granted I don't know that particular herd but in general thats the hardest time of the year to find big bucks.

thats a hard time of year to hunt bucks. I would go earlier or later in the season if its the 5-31st of october. Granted I don't know that particular herd but in general thats the hardest time of the year to find big bucks.
I would second that.

I had this tag in 2018 and had access to private. I would suggest knocking on some doors. At a minimum to get through access on foot.

OP
HuntInWild88
Yeah unfortunately I can't hunt the last week or the first week. Fortunately both bucks I have killed here in Idaho have been in the third week of October on OTC hunts. But good to know there are some people.who might be willing to let guys on private. I have seen some nice bucks on private in that region

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah unfortunately I can't hunt the last week or the first week. Fortunately both bucks I have killed here in Idaho have been in the third week of October on OTC hunts. But good to know there are some people.who might be willing to let guys on private. I have seen some nice bucks on private in that region
Figured I would give some friendly advice since you asked for it, but sounds like you got things under control. I have the tag to the west of you, same dates and I can't hunt the last week because my wifes due so I get it. Im going early and hoping for luck. Go kill a giant.

OP
HuntInWild88
Figured I would give some friendly advice since you asked for it, but sounds like you got things under control. I have the tag to the west of you, same dates and I can't hunt the last week because my wifes due so I get it. Im going early and hoping for luck. Go kill a giant.
Thanks! Imy little one will be 8 month in October.. I'm pretty sure my wife would have killed me if I tried hunting the week before she was due..so good luck on your hunt and with your wife.. I wish you both the best with you new little one and congratulations!!