Unit 61 Colorado 2nd rifle

gbflyer

WKR
They put out a lot of cow tags in 61, expect to see plenty of road hunters and ATV’s even though it’s a trophy unit. Also nearly everyone with a bull tag brings 2 or 3 brothers - in - law along for the hunt. We’ve seen some very nice solo bucks there the last couple of years, mostly in the higher country. Don’t get too far from 62

OP
Chad L

Chad L

FNG
My hunt was a success and I harvested a truly great mule deer. Green scored at 176 and change. This far exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t be happier. Thank you to everyone who shared information. I will tell you the deer were up high and feeding on the quakie shoots. That was the preferred. They were not using the meadows. I needed to hunt hard and focus on the timber. Hope this tip helps.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome deer !!! How many points did u have to draw that 2nd season ??

I’m sitting here filled with anticipation thinking that in 3 days I will begin my journey westward. At almost 50 years young I still have the joy and passion for hunting. This will be my 1st truly western mule deer hunt. I have killed 3 mule deer bucks in Nebraska but have never tried in the mountains/high desert areas of Colorado. Being from Wisconsin whitetails have always been my passion. I truly appreciate the input from those that have shared some pointers.
Right there with ya. If I can be of any help, let me know. You're going to have a ball!

Aw hell. Nevermind! LOL Just saw the last pic. Great job!

That's a great buck! WAY TO GO! It sounds like all in all a very successful trip and thanks for the report.