Unit 632 By Boat??

joel_sledz

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully going to draw a Breaks unit this year. Wondering if it would be smart to hunt out of a boat or not. Just looking for pros/cons. Also, who’s had experience in 632? Is one breaks better than another or all pretty similar besides tag quantities? This is a totally different hunt than we are used to. Just looking for advice. Thanks guys!

cgasner1

WKR
A very popular choice a lot of elk are killed from guys in boats. One guy killed a bull last year off his jet ski

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
joel_sledz

joel_sledz

Lil-Rokslider
A very popular choice a lot of elk are killed from guys in boats. One guy killed a bull last year off his jet ski

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bud. We’re thinking of it also, we just dont want to throw all our eggs in one basket, yaknow what I mean?

Scoot

WKR
I hunted from a boat a few years ago during archery. I was shocked at how many people had the same idea. Most elk we found were back away from common camping (along the river) and boat landing areas and pushed back close to the roads.

OP
joel_sledz

joel_sledz

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted from a boat a few years ago during archery. I was shocked at how many people had the same idea. Most elk we found were back away from common camping (along the river) and boat landing areas and pushed back close to the roads.
Good to kno. I hunted from a boat on a turkey hunt once before thinking id have the advantage. Well needless to say, the 50 other boats had the same thought lol. That’s why I was wondering if it was worth it or not. Thank you!

Riplip

WKR
I hunted 410 by boat about 10 years ago, never saw another hunter but also did not find many elk. We ended up hunting from the roads. It was an adventure for sure, just be careful where you get out of the boat (especially in the dark) as the mud is no joke. Did some fishing during the day, which was fun.