Unit 65

Pre1032

FNG
Has anyone hunted Colorado elk in unit 65, and if so would you be willing to provide any advice on best places to set up camp. This will be the first elk hunt for both my buddy and I. Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bulldawg

WKR
Has anyone hunted Colorado elk in unit 65, and if so would you be willing to provide any advice on best places to set up camp. This will be the first elk hunt for both my buddy and I. Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Man 6 posts in, bold strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
The members on the site are very helpful even to newbies asking the same questions every fall (I know as I am a newbie to western hunting asking questions).

However, asking for details about specific otc units is frowned upon as people who know the units had to put in a lot of work and sweat. Plus, posting info on online forums is a guaranteed way that anyone with Google can access the info forever likely drawing more pressure to those units and specifically those areas.

I just got back from my first Colorado elk hunt and can tell you picking out a good camp site is part of the hunt and I ended up moving campsites on day 4 because my first was in a awful location. If you ask questions like how to pick out a good camp site and don't use an otc unit number, you'll likely get more help. Good luck.

chops24

WKR

My advice would be somewere flat near where you found elk during your scouting trips.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
The members on the site are very helpful even to newbies asking the same questions every fall (I know as I am a newbie to western hunting asking questions).

However, asking for details about specific otc units is frowned upon as people who know the units had to put in a lot of work and sweat. Plus, posting info on online forums is a guaranteed way that anyone with Google can access the info forever likely drawing more pressure to those units and specifically those areas.

I just got back from my first Colorado elk hunt and can tell you picking out a good camp site is part of the hunt and I ended up moving campsites on day 4 because my first was in a awful location. If you ask questions like how to pick out a good camp site and don't use an otc unit number, you'll likely get more help. Good luck.
+1
BB.jpg

OP
P

Pre1032

FNG

I would like to sincerely apologize. I asked the question like I would ask my personal friends. I appreciate both the forum etiquette advice and tips

md126

WKR
The other side of the equation with questions like this is how do you even know the info/advice you get is even accurate?

If someone posted "yea man, go to xxxx trailhead and hunt the drainage to the south. Lots of bulls in there..." I'd probably be a little suspicious. Fortunately, you really don't see that kind of stuff on RS.

Good luck on your hunt