Unit 66 Drop Camps Colorado

perchman4

FNG
My dad and I are looking at a drop camp in Unit 66 for 2021 during the 1st rifle season. We have been on three DIY archery hunts in Colorado and have shot a cow and I missed a bull last year but those OTC hunts can be pretty tough finding the elk. My dad has been saying how he would like to try a drop camp during rifle season and how he had always wanted to use horses since he grew up with horses. We had been saving points for an archery hunt in Unit 66 but we decided we would use them up to take him on this hunt. This has been something he has always wanted to do and I would love to do this with him. The problem is narrowing down which outfitter to use. There seems to be quite a few outfitters and also with three different wilderness areas in the unit it is hard to choose which one to use. If anyone could let us know about some experiences you've had with any of the outfitters in unit 66 I would appreciate it.

elkdude07

FNG
Check out Action Adventures (ActionAdventures.net) My son and i drop camp hunted unit 66 with them last year, and it was an awesome hunt in excellent elk country. Elk were seen every day. Saw several bulls and
my son took a 5x5 on day six. Saw a couple dandy bulls!! Would love to hunt it again, but i'm done chasing units that take more than a point or two. Be in shape, because this is some steep country. Couldn't have asked for anything better from a drop camp hunt, or the outfitter. Give Justin Mitchell a call, don't think you can go wrong, as long as you are willing to hunt hard. (We hunted Archery/Muzzleloader) bobby

kirby757

FNG
I hunted with Action Adventures on their private property hunt and can say they were very good I reconmmed them.

sotxks

FNG
I hunted with Action Adventures on their private property hunt and can say they were very good I reconmmed them.
We are headed up Thursday to hunt with Jay around the private property. Any advice on the area would be appreciated. TIA

sotxks

FNG
Hey guys, we are back.

Out of 7 of us, we came home with 5 animals. Two elk and three muleys. It was a great time. It got downright cold on us, but helped the animals move in to us. Jay runs a great operation there on their private land. Facilities were great and food was even better being off the grid. I would recommend!

I will say, I believe weather will really make or break the hunt there, but thats every where. All in all, we had a great time.