Unit 70 CO (Telluride) Camping.

p89

FNG
Just looking for good camping, hiking, glassing areas to maybe do some scouting while also hanging out with the Family, and try to start stockpiling information on the deer herd here. Going to start saving points for them. Will probably also hunt OTC elk and scout for deer while doing so.

What are some cool things to do in this area in the summer? I'm a good ways away never been there. Just have a 5 year old and the wife.

anyone had boots on the ground here or hunted here much? doesn't look like you can glass much from satellite but that may be different in person.

Thanks

This area is no longer OTC and there were a surprisingly small number of leftover elk tags going into the secondary draw.

There has been a huge increase is both hunter and non hunter pressure in the area over the last couple years. Last year, we had people driving their Jeep’s back into meadows where we’ve shot elk, you could hear their radios in the evening while hunting bedding areas, fresh chainsawed trails going through these bedding areas, and had some campers sneaking around the woods coming to investigate our bugles thinking we were elk.

It was borderline heart breaking seeing how much this area is being loved to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
There are some great alpine lake hikes, but they can be really hard hiking due to the altitude. Blue Lake is one of the more popular. Don’t expect to be alone.

The ORV roads are absolute shit shows of amateurism and crazy amount of dust being kicked up. If you participate, I recommend full face Helmets for the family.

Reactions: p89