Unit 76 Colorado help

Naptime

FNG
Looking for a little help. Have been putting in for 76 for 5 years with no luck. Have been scouting for the last month OTC where I planned to hunt with my son. CPW called today and said 2 tags were turned in and they are ours if we want them. Just turned in the OTC for ES archery for us. Problem is we focused our scouting efforts to where we thought our hunt would be. We would of spent the last months focusing on 76 if we had known. Not looking for any honey holes, just a general area to start. I know it’s a good problem to have but this will be a once in a lifetime hunt for me and my son. We really appreciate any info someone is willing to share.

Beendare

WKR
Just get off the road bro- there is a good quantity of elk in the unit.

They have dedicated quad trails, Motorcycle trails, Wilderness- you pick. You will be competing with the guide Sammy Frazier in behind Mule skinner peak...and there is another outfitter camp at the fork of the Ute....but otherwise its wide open.

jolemons

WKR
Just get off the road bro- there is a good quantity of elk in the unit.

They have dedicated quad trails, Motorcycle trails, Wilderness- you pick. You will be competing with the guide Sammy Frazier in behind Mule skinner peak...and there is another outfitter camp at the fork of the Ute....but otherwise its wide open.

Mule skinner peak isn't a name Im familiar with in that country. What part of the unit is that Beendare?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m going to be in unit 75 after Labor Day for the first time. I used satellite maps to find some promising spots to start in. I know it’s not much help but that’s all I have to go on. Good luck getting info lol hope your hunts goes great!

Not to be rude but if you've been putting in for 5 years now haven't you done some looking and have an A, B, and C lined up? I apply in 4 states. . . I have basic homework done and have spoken to BIOS and wardens in all units I'm applying for. That's what the off season is for, nailing down plans 1, 2, and 3. Then when you draw, you can make backups 4-6. Or in your case you at least have 1-3 and can throw together 4 and fly by the seat of your pants if you need plan 5 or 6.

Congrats on the tags, congrats on adding your name to the list of first posts that say "not looking for a honey hole". Hope someone can give you some advice, but I'd start scouring google earth, calling BIOS and wardens if they will answer

Dhosera

FNG
What dates you hunting? I was in there 2 weeks ago scouting for early archery deer and will be back in there next week for my hunt. You can PM me

280rem

FNG
I am planning to be for the last part of the archery season. Would love to talk to people who’s hunts will end before mine starts or share any ideas with meanwhile.