Unit 8 Iowa problem

WVELK

FNG
Good news is my friend invited me to hunt on his farms in Iowa this year. Good news is I drew a unit 8 Iowa archery tag. Bad news is my friend mad a huge mistake in telling me which unit to apply for this spring. Yep, his farms are not in Unit 8!

Here is where I am. I have a very large farm in southern Ohio with a house on site. If anyone can get me a nice place to hunt in Unit 8 this fall, I will give them a one week hunt in Ohio for free all they have to do is buy the license and tag. Food, lodging and other minor necessities are on me.

PM if you can help. Thanks.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
That is a mighty fine deal. You should put this on Iowa Whitetail and the Iowa state conference of the Bowsite and you will get a lot more eyeballs on it.

OP
W

WVELK

FNG
Is the bowsite a different forum? I am not a huge forum follower. I just started this one, and follow Habitat Forum.

Wvelk, I’m from eastern Iowa and can give you some public land tips if you PM me. I just joined and haven’t posted enough to PM you though. Idk if that would help but thought I would mention it if you’re stuck with that tag and can’t find any private places. I’m not looking to hunt Ohio, just helping if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA 5-0

WKR
WVELK, don't be afraid of public land in Iowa. I'm not familiar with unit 8 but in 4 and 5, some of the biggest bucks I've seen, killed and alive, came off public. Public in Iowa can have huge timber tracts not found on private farms, and the public is farmed just like private. Beans, corn, etc. Insano.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
I live in the unit. PM sent with some basic info. @WVELK send me some specifics and I'll do what I can to help. No trade necessary, happy to give back to the Rokslide community in some small way.