Unknown Munitions- New Reloading Class

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders, we just dropped a new reloading class called 'Reloading Unknown'. First event will be held in Coeur D'Alene on 11/7/20 at the Best Western Event Center and the last class this year will be in Billings, MT on 12/12/2020. Next year we plan to do 8-10 classes in different cities in the western region.

This will be a hands-on demonstration class with equipment mounted to benches at the front of class. We will showcase beginner to expert level equipment for all stages of the reloading process. We have some great sponsors on board already including: Berger, Lapua, Redding Reloading, Annealing Made Perfect, Primal Rights, BAT Machine, and CarbonSix Barrels to name a few.

We'll have a giveaway table, along with industry exclusive discounts for students that attend! A buffet lunch is included. You will have the opportunity to ask Jake questions during and after class, as well as, mingle with other reloaders and gain experience and knowledge from all of our mishaps along the way.

Get $25 off your class by being one of the first 25 to sign up, use code 25off25 at checkout. Click here to see the main page and here to signup directly on our website.

Fire away with any questions or suggestions you might have for us. I will say this in person class is a precursor to an online class of some sort in the future. Thank you guys!

Unknown Reloading IG Story.jpg

Honest question, is it possible to reload without it turning into a full bore hobby? This class sounds awesome, and I'd love to learn this stuff but it sounds like pretty soon I'd have another hobby that needs care and feeding...

Honest question, is it possible to reload without it turning into a full bore hobby? This class sounds awesome, and I'd love to learn this stuff but it sounds like pretty soon I'd have another hobby that needs care and feeding...

Possible but its a hell of a fight to keep it from sucking you in. Part of the problem is the things that minimize the time involved are the most expensive...

Possible but its a hell of a fight to keep it from sucking you in. Part of the problem is the things that minimize the time involved are the most expensive...
Yeah, that's what it sounds like. You get into it to shoot your standard hunting round less expensively and maybe have some more consistent rounds and pretty soon you're shooting 400 wildcat rounds/week and discussing burn rates and temperature compensation on the internet.... Maybe when the kids get a bit older and I have fewer house projects.

• Haha
Reactions: wtx
Maybe offer a virtual class with variations of viewing for those not able to make the trip physically. It may entice new reloaders to check it out and decide if they want to take the plunge. It may offer intermediate reloaders a chance to up their game in certain areas.

SDHNTR

WKR
A Zoom/Teams/WebEx type version would be awesome! Much more convenient and definitely safer.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

well I would offer this, my dad taught me to reload when I was a teenager, and while I got proficient at it, it wasnt really until rokslide started that I got nitpicky with COAL, ES, and stuff like that. And now working with Jake, who handled all the hard work, I’ve taken reloading to a whole new level.

But backing up, that 30 years of just reloading for myself was very enjoyable, I definitely paid for all my reloading gear, and if I needed to tweak something, I knew how. I honestly thinkthat some years I didn’t have more than three or four hours into reloading. So if you’re a casual shooter, it could still be worth it.

i’m glad to have Jake helping me with it now, but it sure is nice to know I can walk downstairs and throw together a load. And now that my son is hunting, I can play around with lower recoil loads and lower weight bullets without getting too serious. It’s a good skill to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I would offer this, my dad taught me to reload when I was a teenager, and while I got proficient at it, it wasnt really until rokslide started that I got nitpicky with COAL, ES, and stuff like that. And now working with Jake, who handled all the hard work, I’ve taken reloading to a whole new level.

But backing up, that 30 years of just reloading for myself was very enjoyable, I definitely paid for all my reloading gear, and if I needed to tweak something, I knew how. I honestly thinkthat some years I didn’t have more than three or four hours into reloading. So if you’re a casual shooter, it could still be worth it.

i’m glad to have Jake helping me with it now, but it sure is nice to know I can walk downstairs and throw together a load. And now that my son is hunting, I can play around with lower recoil loads and lower weight bullets without getting too serious. It’s a good skill to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the perspective it sounds feasible once you get up and running and maybe a class would be a good way to get over the hump. I have several hobbies that at this point require very little thinking or time (coffee roasting for instance) and as you note it allows for less expensive, superior results with not a lot of investment - but the build up of knowledge and gear takes substantial time and money. I'll have to have a think on it after the season.

Great idea
Hey Roksliders, we just dropped a new reloading class called 'Reloading Unknown'. First event will be held in Coeur D'Alene on 11/7/20 at the Best Western Event Center and the last class this year will be in Billings, MT on 12/12/2020. Next year we plan to do 8-10 classes in different cities in the western region.

This will be a hands-on demonstration class with equipment mounted to benches at the front of class. We will showcase beginner to expert level equipment for all stages of the reloading process. We have some great sponsors on board already including: Berger, Lapua, Redding Reloading, Annealing Made Perfect, Primal Rights, BAT Machine, and CarbonSix Barrels to name a few.

We'll have a giveaway table, along with industry exclusive discounts for students that attend! A buffet lunch is included. You will have the opportunity to ask Jake questions during and after class, as well as, mingle with other reloaders and gain experience and knowledge from all of our mishaps along the way.

Get $25 off your class by being one of the first 25 to sign up, use code 25off25 at checkout. Click here to see the main page and here to signup directly on our website.

Fire away with any questions or suggestions you might have for us. I will say this in person class is a precursor to an online class of some sort in the future. Thank you guys!

View attachment 210591

View attachment 210591
Great idea not everybody has someone to mentor them so now they can learn safely.

Lawnboi

WKR
Have a quick reloading related question as it seems unknown munitions makes some good ammo with virgin brass....

How do you mitigate the bullet sticking, when going into virgin annealed cases? I have an expander mandrel (stainless steel) and use imperial dry neck lube. I still find the first bullet incredibly difficult to seat. Does a carbide mandrel help? A collet die seems to squish the neck enough but really looking for something to be able to utilize virgin brass firing to my advantage, instead of it being just a sacrificial load to fire form the brass.
Thanks

kickemall

WKR
I clicked on the link to sign up and it didn't appear to work. Took me to your web site but said no products were found.