Unlimited Hunt or $1250 in raffle tickets

slick

WKR
Beautiful ram from the Beartooth’s..have followed you over the years on your trips in there. Glad to see it paid off!

BAKPAKR

WKR
View attachment 136129Shoulda went with the Gosh danged raffle ticket. If I had done that, I wouldn’t have to twiddle my thumbs knowing I’m not allowed to hunt the unlimiteds for 7 yr if I changed my mind.

I would hate for you to have to sit around twiddling your thumbs, so you are welcome to join me if I try the unlimiteds next fall 😀

Gorgeous ram, and congrats!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I look at the unlimited every year, but just can’t stomach the NR tag fee with limited quotas and all of the travel costs for 7-10 days of hunting. I have no issue spending the money when there is at least a decent chance of success (I hunt CO OTC elk every year). I personally spend a little in the points game and some in the raffles, but prefer to shoebox the majority for a guided sheep hunt one day.

If I lived in Montana I’d hunt the unlimited unit every year. In addition to the lower tag fee, I’d be able to spend significantly more time in the units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was thinking the same then realized that whenever I travel to hunt here in AK it costs about the same. Flying in, airline tickets, car rentals, meat transport, hotels. I actually bet I could do the Montana hunt with airline miles and do it cheaper than a lot of hunts here in my own state.

Hnttillmt

FNG
Savage! Big congrats on a long fought victory! I feel my chances just got better without you up there. True trophy right there.