Up to date aerial mapping

tlav21

FNG
Who has the most up to date aerial map software? I use onX and google maps at times but for my area they are both 2-3 years old or so on the aerial image. I'm looking to see if anyone else out there knows of any more up to date imagery. Yes I am aware that certain areas probablt get updated more frequent than others.

Thanks!

Who has the most up to date aerial map software? I use onX and google maps at times but for my area they are both 2-3 years old or so on the aerial image. I'm looking to see if anyone else out there knows of any more up to date imagery. Yes I am aware that certain areas probablt get updated more frequent than others.

Thanks!

Try googling the county gis maps. That always has the most up to date aerials when I’m looking for for specific details for whitetail hunting in MN at least.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
Try googling the county gis maps. That always has the most up to date aerials when I’m looking for for specific details for whitetail hunting in MN at least.
They're not usually more recent than Google in my experience/area, but still good.

You can also download them as a shapefile and import into Google Earth Pro (desktop) as a layer. Then if that layer is selected, you can click on a parcel and see the owner. *This layer will not update if ownership changes. You'd have to re-download it from the county gis site. I know OnX and other apps are faster but it's still a tool. I have WY's game units loaded as a layer and am looking for more layers.

They're not usually more recent than Google in my experience/area, but still good.

You can also download them as a shapefile and import into Google Earth Pro (desktop) as a layer. Then if that layer is selected, you can click on a parcel and see the owner. *This layer will not update if ownership changes. You'd have to re-download it from the county gis site. I know OnX and other apps are faster but it's still a tool. I have WY's game units loaded as a layer and am looking for more layers.

I don't know how to look for different imagery on google earth but the date for the imagery that shows up on my parents land is 2013. The county GIS up there gets updated almost annually. That lone example was the basis for my comment. When I look at my new whitetail parcel google earth shows imagery from 6 months ago, county GIS is about 9 months old. So at least for my rookie abilities it seems it's worth a look at both.