Upcoming REI sale

Gman

WKR
Just a heads up that the upcoming REI sale has many items going on sale that have recently been discussed here: Exped UL pads, BA tents, Black Diamond trekking poles, Mtn House meals, super feet insoles, REI brand eVent rain shell, Garmin gps', etc. there's much more but that's what struck me initially. Not to mention the standard 20% off one item coupon. Time to stock up!!! Happy shopping.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Gman,

I think the 20% is for items not already on sale, but I could be wrong.

An eVent jacket for $180 is a good deal. I am happy with my Kimtah.

OP
Gman

Gman

WKR
Bitterroot - you're right. All those things I mentioned were already on sale so not applicable to the 20%. I'm sure we'll all be able to find a non-sale item. :)

slim9300

WKR
Exped UL 7 M pad is $119.99 and the L is $124.99. I'm getting a L and keeping the M as a backup to my other backup DM 9 DLX. Lol.

OP
Gman

Gman

WKR
I cannot find anything about a sale...Would you mind sharing the coupon code?

Thanks in advance!

I got it as a flyer. Sale starts on the 18th I think - I don't have it in front of me. No code needed if you're a member for the 20%. All that other stuff has its own sale price. I.e. all BD Poles are 25% off. There were two Garmin units on sale as well.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I got the sale catalog yesterday. The Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 for ~$260 is a screaming deal and is honestly making me question my recent purchase of an SL5 a little bit (even though I know they are different animals).

I got the sale catalog yesterday. The Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 for ~$260 is a screaming deal and is honestly making me question my recent purchase of an SL5 a little bit (even though I know they are different animals).
Whoa, that is a hell of a deal, but I guess you already know that. I just purchased a FC 2 to replace my FC 1 (which I love), but figure the extra room of the 2 is worth the extra 7 oz.

I currently own a Mountain Hardwear Drifter 3, a Mountain Hardwear LightWedge 3, and a GoLite SL5 yet I am really considering the BA Fly Creek 2 for those solo expeditions. Am I crazy? I used the Drifter 3 last year for my dad and I. The two pounds savings at this price is very, very tempting!

slim9300

WKR
I currently own a Mountain Hardwear Drifter 3, a Mountain Hardwear LightWedge 3, and a GoLite SL5 yet I am really considering the BA Fly Creek 2 for those solo expeditions. Am I crazy? I used the Drifter 3 last year for my dad and I. The two pounds savings at this price is very, very tempting!

Don't expect it to hold up to too much abuse. Lol.

Thanks for the heads up! I have $110 in REI dividend sitting here to boot! Might be time to make a shopping trip to the big city.

Ozz08

WKR
Do you have first hand experience slim? I wanted a fly creek ul2 for a while but I also feel they would not hold up. I do know a few people that own these though and use the heck out of them and the tents are holding up great. I'm still hesitant though.

slim9300

WKR
Do you have first hand experience slim? I wanted a fly creek ul2 for a while but I also feel they would not hold up. I do know a few people that own these though and use the heck out of them and the tents are holding up great. I'm still hesitant though.

Some limited experience. PM Aron. He will give you his more experienced opinion.

I have to admit that I'm pretty partial to my Hilleberg.

Not slim, but I have a bit of experience with the UL2. It will hold up just fine to 3 season use. It will not hold up to snow....a little bit is ok, but no real amount of snow. I have had it in torrential downpours and 50mph winds on several occasions with no ill effects.