UPDATE!! Montana constitutional carry bill & the I'm pro 2A but" crowd.

if gun safety were more pervasive in society then i wouldn't have a problem with people carrying. they problem is that without any training things can go wrong quickly. i took drivers ed and passed a test as a requirement to get a license when i was 15. if i were older i would have just needed to pass the written and driving test. i didn't complain and i actually learned a couple things. i just hope the millons of new firearms owners take the time to educate themselves before carrying. personally, i'm not opposed to some more youtube vids with people putting a hole in their foot. I just don't want them putting a new hole in my foot at the grocery store.
Wow , “a hole in your foot at the grocery store “
More me but not for thee, democrat liberty lessons
Sounds great, but it’s obvious you dont get it

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Carrying a gun is kind of a pita, I feel like there aren't a ton of casual carriers out there but who knows. Most people I know who carry are pretty competent.

I had Hunters Ed in 7th grade - that would be 1984 for me. It was a part of the health module in gym.

Here's my patch:

View attachment 257828
I had one of those!!! wish I still did - cool!!

Did mine in 10th grade. I remember the teacher bringing some guns to class for kids to handle. Those were the days.

FWIW - virgina has kept very good records of those who passed. I thought I lost my hunter safety card years ago. I called up virginia DNR, gave my name, and they mailed out a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: ODB

Wrench

WKR
The thing about the first and second amendments is that without one, the other is soon to be dead as well.

When we tell people what is ok to own in terms of guns, it's no different than telling someone what they can speak about.

Each needs the other.

People need to be ok with others having different opinions than their own and embrace it vs oppose it....THAT is what makes America, America.

CoStick

WKR
Makes sense to have unrestricted open carry, but conceal and carry seems to be the opposite of “bearing arms”, especially if you are a strict constitutionalist. :cool:

LaHunter

WKR
Makes sense to have unrestricted open carry, but conceal and carry seems to be the opposite of “bearing arms”, especially if you are a strict constitutionalist. :cool:
Look up the definition of 'bear' as it pertains to the constitution. It has nothing to do with open carry or concealed carry. We have the right to keep and bear arms and this right shall not be infringed, as per the constitution.

CoStick

WKR
Look up the definition of 'bear' as it pertains to the constitution. It has nothing to do with open carry or concealed carry. We have the right to keep and bear arms and this right shall not be infringed, as per the constitution.
Yes, I was adding a bit of levity, folks are wound up tight.

Mt Al

WKR
Carrying a gun is kind of a pita, I feel like there aren't a ton of casual carriers out there but who knows. Most people I know who carry are pretty competent.

Who knows is right. I hope there are a ton of competent out there and it will make a difference. Several people I know who carry take it very seriously, but some aren't competent and maybe it says something about the company I keep.

The most adamant concealed carry person I know has shot himself twice (non life threatening) plus he left his pistol on the sink in the crapper in an office building TWICE. This is in an office with other staff who don't know squat about firearms.

Another borrowed my truck and left his pistol covered by a towel on my console. Told him he no longer has the right to conceal carry on my property. Lady I know has a boyfriend who was practicing drawing WHILE DRIVING and blasted his knee apart.

I know, tThere are way more stories of CC preventing crimes, killing perps, etc.

2A is a right that will be voted out of existence by the stories we give libs/MSM on a silver platter. They're not going to run stories of lives saved by CC, crime statistics of gun control vs. non-gun control regions. That's the reality we deal with - you keep a right by understanding it can and will be taken away if you don't take it seriously.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
2A is a right that will be voted out of existence by the stories we give libs/MSM on a silver platter. They're not going to run stories of lives saved by CC, crime statistics of gun control vs. non-gun control regions. That's the reality we deal with - you keep a right by understanding it can and will be taken away if you don't take it seriously.
Please have someone explain to you what the founding fathers meant by “right”.

Mt Al

WKR
Please have someone explain to you what the founding fathers meant by “right”.
I know exactly what it is, thanks for pandering/squealing/acting like a trained parrot - you're meeting expectations which isn't a good thing. This "right" has been removed by voters, who voted for politicians who limit this right in multiple cities in the US. I'm talking reality vs. political press release BS.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
I know exactly what it is, thanks for pandering/squealing/acting like a trained parrot - you're meeting expectations which isn't a good thing. This "right" has been removed by voters, who voted for politicians who limit this right in multiple cities in the US. I'm talking reality vs. political press release BS.
If that simple statement comes off as parroting or squealing I'll be curious what this would be considered with the same criteria... Anyhow.

What he was most likely trying to state is a right can not be taken away, regardless if congress would do something to remove it completely from the bill of rights.
I still have that right as government does not grant me it, it is endowed to me from my Creator and is inalienable for all people.
The government's purpose is to ensure that it is protected. I swore my oath to the Constitution, not the government and I'll follow it regardless.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
If that simple statement comes off as parroting or squealing I'll be curious what this would be considered with the same criteria... Anyhow.

What he was most likely trying to state is a right can not be taken away, regardless if congress would do something to remove it completely from the bill of rights.
I still have that right as government does not grant me it, it is endowed to me from my Creator and is inalienable for all people.
The government's purpose is to ensure that it is protected. I swore my oath to the Constitution, not the government and I'll follow it regardless.
Spot on! Thx.
When mere men come for the guns, the reality of a “right” will be self fulfilling by those that choose to do so.

2ski

WKR
So explain how, while it's been legal in MT to open carry, not having universal conceal carry is an infringement of rights? I mean you were able to carry, just openly. And if anyone points to "shall not be infringed" you still can own and carry.

Now let me ask this, do you think burning the flag or kneeling is protected speech? In your opinion. Why not?

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
So explain how, while it's been legal in MT to open carry, not having universal conceal carry is an infringement of rights? I mean you were able to carry, just openly. And if anyone points to "shall not be infringed" you still can own and carry.

Now let me ask this, do you think burning the flag or kneeling is protected speech? In your opinion. Why not?
A right does not need a permission slip to be exercised, a privilege does.

Now for the flag burning and kneeling, if it is your own privately owned flag and not someone else's, while with every ounce of my being I disagree with it,that is your right to do so. Kneeling, In a private event etc on your own time, again I'm ok with it. But just as it is with any other exercise of your rights in the work place a employer has the ability to put limits on them, just like if I were to cuss out my boss at work I'd be fired, it should be treated the same way.

Btaylor

WKR

Many dont recognize your right because they dont recognize your Creator. If they throw out God, the rest is fairly easy to get rid of with a little patience.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
Many dont recognize your right because they dont recognize your Creator. If they throw out God, the rest is fairly easy to get rid of with a little patience.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other- John Adams

MattB

WKR

Is there a concealed carry section in the Bible that I overlooked?