Updated EL Ranges

ejs21

FNG
Has anyone heard when Swarovski will be revamping their EL Ranges?

bozeman

WKR
With Leica's 3200.com showing great potential, I don't see how Swarovski can't offer an updated model. I am interested as well.

Dobermann

WKR
Can't offer any insights on the revamp ...

BUT, I did just get the EL O-Range rangefinding binos, and am very, very impressed ... even with pretty poor eyesight and astigmatism, targets at 1000 m are very clear. Ranging seems very fast, too, compared with the handhelds I've used (admittedly, not of that quality).

Also have a pair of Zeiss Victory SF 10x42s. Haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but I remember thinking the first time I looked through them, something like 'Okay, so that's what my hard-earned dollars bought me' - a clear upgrade on what I had before, and wholly functional, but nothing mind-blowing. Not underwhelmed so much as just happy to have arrived at that level.

The Swaros, on the other hand, had me involuntarily swearing out loud with disbelief.

Again, I haven't done a side-by-side - and our eyes are all different - so I look forward to really doing a fair comparison.

But I was predisposed to not like the Swaros, for various reasons, and I thought I had favouritism towards Zeiss. But the Swaros in hand had me change my bias against them pretty quickly.