Updated Kifaru Pack

pendo11

FNG
Hello All,

I just recently bought a Kifaru Reckoning bag (from the Rokslide Classifieds) to replace my EMR ii pack, I received it a week ago and threw it on my frame. I have been perusing the internet to figure out how to set it up correctly and I noticed my pack is set up a little differently from the advertised Reckoning on Kifaru.net. The advertised bag has a water bladder tab and pouch with Velcro on the outside of the pack between the frame. This pack I have on hand has a water bladder pouch on the inside of the bag in the main compartment with a hole behind the chamber pouch for the bladder hose to route to the outside of the pack. It has a hanger loop behind the chamber pouch and it also has 4 webbing loops on the top and bottom of the bladder pouch (I am guessing it is for other accessory pouches). It has made in the USA tab with the Q.C. tab with a stamp saying “inspected by 005, custom fab inc.”

With all that being said, I am just reaching out to you guys who are pro’s compared to me and ask if you ever received a pack that has been “updated” for the lack of better terms? I don’t use a bladder but I do like the added features inside the bag and not upset about it, just wanted to see if this has ever happened to anyone else.

I reached out to Kifaru and the customer service gal looked at the Reckoning they had on display and it didn’t have the features I explained above. She asked me to send her pictures of pack to look at it. She explained they have updated packs time to time but wasn’t sure about the Reckoning.

attached are pictures if I confused anybody.

Thank you for your time everyone,

Nick

2ED513F3-4342-4F0C-8396-8C6629B7EC0F.jpeg15D91CB2-54C0-4EE5-9E30-8ED959994F7B.jpeg15D91CB2-54C0-4EE5-9E30-8ED959994F7B.jpeg35746453-211F-41EC-B0A7-5DE9301F901E.jpeg5618FED5-3BE8-4D47-9F19-63CCDADD618E.jpegF057DE91-B806-4F00-B2CE-8D6221F233C2.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A0FDA14-D09E-4E52-BB83-BCA77A798007.jpeg
    8A0FDA14-D09E-4E52-BB83-BCA77A798007.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 45

bsnedeker

WKR
I can tell you for sure the reckoning had a water bladder hanger between the bag and the frame on launch day.

I wonder if you got an early prototype of that bag or if the previous owner modified it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wyodan

WKR
It appears you must have an updated model, since it obviously has the new style sleeve on it. I'm a little jealous, as I've found it to be a PIA to load the water bladder in between the frame and bag. I think the guys that have a quick connect on the bladder like it, but I can't stand it if there is any air in my water bladder.

OP
P

pendo11

FNG
I can tell you for sure the reckoning had a water bladder hanger between the bag and the frame on launch day.

I wonder if you got an early prototype of that bag or if the previous owner modified it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The gent I bought it from said, he bought this and the stryker xl to test and decided against the Reckoning because of his draws and no extended hunts. He stated it was new, but if he did modify it he is one heck of a seamstress.

OP
P

pendo11

FNG
It appears you must have an updated model, since it obviously has the new style sleeve on it. I'm a little jealous, as I've found it to be a PIA to load the water bladder in between the frame and bag. I think the guys that have a quick connect on the bladder like it, but I can't stand it if there is any air in my water bladder.
Thats what i am leaning towards and i'm sure Kifaru will let me know here soon. I just wanted to send it out to the body, I figure they would want to update new specs. because like you said its a pain and it could be that one deal breaker to someone. For me I haven't ran bladders so it wasn't a big deal, I was just suprsied that thier customer services gal didn't know about it.

I'm sure it is not a knock off but buying second hand, you never know. the gent I bought it from seemed legit so I doubt it.

Jotis

WKR
Thats what i am leaning towards and i'm sure Kifaru will let me know here soon. I just wanted to send it out to the body, I figure they would want to update new specs. because like you said its a pain and it could be that one deal breaker to someone. For me I haven't ran bladders so it wasn't a big deal, I was just suprsied that thier customer services gal didn't know about it.

I'm sure it is not a knock off but buying second hand, you never know. the gent I bought it from seemed legit so I doubt it.
I ordered a reckoning bag from kifaru the other week. Received it last week. It is the same as your bag

10ringer

WKR
That’s an awesome upgrade to a great pack. Love my Reckoning and just may have to pick up the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, you got a newer version Pendo. I try to update the bags as they are released for new production runs based off of the feed back you guys give us. Bladder on the inside was one of the major gripes with the Reckoning.

OP
P

pendo11

FNG
Yep, you got a newer version Pendo. I try to update the bags as they are released for new production runs based off of the feed back you guys give us. Bladder on the inside was one of the major gripes with the Reckoning.
Well it is a great update! Thanks for the info.