Upgrade from Minox BL 10x42 BR Binos

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my first pair of binos, Minox BL 10x42 BRs, ten years ago. I've been very happy with them, but am now looking to upgrade. I'm struggling, however, to get a sense of how much improvement I'll see in different classes of binos, because I don't have easy access to retailers. Can anyone offer opinions on what would be a comparable bino today, so that I have a reference point? For example, are my binos similar, better, or worse than, say, Zeiss Terra EDs?

Another option is to rent the ones you are considering and test them. Costs a bit of money but leaves no doubts.

pc3

WKR
I bought my first pair of binos, Minox BL 10x42 BRs, ten years ago. I've been very happy with them, but am now looking to upgrade. I'm struggling, however, to get a sense of how much improvement I'll see in different classes of binos, because I don't have easy access to retailers. Can anyone offer opinions on what would be a comparable bino today, so that I have a reference point? For example, are my binos similar, better, or worse than, say, Zeiss Terra EDs?

I have had a pair of Minox in the past...actually my first "decent" set of Bino's. Seriously, in my opinion...and thats all it is unless your budget is committed to the Swarovski EL's and now the NL Pures :p....."they are the Best Jerry, the Best" ;) I would have a look through a pair of Meopta Meostar B 1.1 HD 10x42's. They are right there with Swarovski SLC's in my view and a hell of a lot lighter on the wallet, and some say built tougher. Thats what I own and I am wrapped........above these, just head to the top of the tree is the way I see it.

OP
wyojdubya

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
The Minox BL would be on par with the Zeiss Terra ED, possibly ever so slightly superior
Thanks, Doug. Your input is always appreciated. I bought the Minox from you, and you'll be my first call when I figure out just what I want.

TxxAgg

WKR
I recently upgraded (in my mind) from the Minox to the Meopta Meostar B 1.1 HD 10x42's. I really like them.