Upgrade to a Duplex Lite from a Bikini frame

tdot

WKR
I currently have a Bikini and EMRii which I love. But, I'm about to pickup a smaller day hunt bag and a custom bag to add some versatility to my system. So before I commit to two new bags and modify them to fit the Bikini, I am wondering if people who have made the switch from the Bikini to the Duplex lite have thought it was worth it???

Does anyone know if there is a new frame coming anytime soon?

Thanks!

Mudd Foot

WKR
I made the switch and have commented here several times regarding the Duplex Lite’s superiority to that of my Bikini imo. The changes that were made around its adjustability makes it more comfortable for me. That said I have a 17 inch torso. The adjustments are easier to perform, so they can be done in the field.

Am exceeding pleased with my decision. Still have the Bikini tho, and my hunting partner, who has a longer torso is now using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slim9300

WKR
I currently have a Bikini and EMRii which I love. But, I'm about to pickup a smaller day hunt bag and a custom bag to add some versatility to my system. So before I commit to two new bags and modify them to fit the Bikini, I am wondering if people who have made the switch from the Bikini to the Duplex lite have thought it was worth it???

Does anyone know if there is a new frame coming anytime soon?

Thanks!

There is no comparison. I have packed many an animal in my old Bikini. And last season I packed a bunch of elk, deer and bears in my Lite frame. The Bikini does nothing better except overall weight.

There is no comparison. I have packed many an animal in my old Bikini. And last season I packed a bunch of elk, deer and bears in my Lite frame.

The Bikini does nothing better except overall weight.

^^^^^ And that’s what’s keeping me in my bikini frame. Overall weight. My bikini fits me well and carries well. I can’t see swapping to the Lite or UL and gain weight.

slim9300

WKR
^^^^^ And that’s what’s keeping me in my bikini frame. Overall weight. My bikini fits me well and carries well. I can’t see swapping to the Lite or UL and gain weight.

Oh I get it. I’m a guy that carries out half of a boned out elk generally four times each season. Not many guys are carrying that kind of weight or need that kind of comfort. So for me, comfort trumps weight in this regard. If I was only a deer hunter or took two trips with my partner to get out an elk, I would likely run a lighter frame. But even still, with 10 days worth of kit it’s certainly a better carrying frame for me. No hot spots with either, but the Lite and UL (I have three of them) are noticeably more stable and don’t shift as much laterally.

Oh I get it. I’m a guy that carries out half of a boned out elk generally four times each season. Not many guys are carrying that kind of weight or need that kind of comfort. So for me, comfort trumps weight in this regard. If I was only a deer hunter or took two trips with my partner to get out an elk, I would likely run a lighter frame. But even still, with 10 days worth of kit it’s certainly a better carrying frame for me. No hot spots with either, but the Lite and UL (I have three of them) are noticeably more stable and don’t shift as much laterally.

Thanks for all the insight. Might have to order one just to see what I’m missing. Thanks again Slim

slim9300

WKR
Thanks for all the insight. Might have to order one just to see what I’m missing. Thanks again Slim

Curious how tight you run your load lifters? This is always a difference maker for me. I like mine tight and applying pressure to my upper pecks. Both with the Bikini and Lite/UL. Talking loads over 60#.

Curious how tight you run your load lifters? This is always a difference maker for me. I like mine tight and applying pressure to my upper pecks. Both with the Bikini and Lite/UL. Talking loads over 60#.

It varies a little with the weight of the load. But basically the same as you, keep them snugged up most of the time. Only time they’re remotely loose is when I’m shifting weight around for prolonged comfort.

slim9300

WKR
It varies a little with the weight of the load. But basically the same as you, keep them snugged up most of the time. Only time they’re remotely loose is when I’m shifting weight around for prolonged comfort.

The only time I shouldn’t give pack advice is when a guy tells me that he doesn’t like tight load lifters or pressure on his upper pecks. You will really like the UL frame if you can get over the added weight and give it some time to dial it in. She rides a little different than the Bikini.