Upgraded the Weatherby!

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
Decided to upgrade the bell and Carlson stock that came on my Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry with a McMillan. Turned out pretty good and feels much better than the B&C did on it, added a little weight but it’s still only right at 8lbs as it sits ready to hunt. Just thought I’d share.
Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry 300wm
McMillan stock
Leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 CDS
Talleys Lw rings
Berger 185 hybrid hunters at sub MOA

Attachments

• 532A95C2-293F-4E55-BF01-CB11039ED7B2.jpeg
    532A95C2-293F-4E55-BF01-CB11039ED7B2.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 64ACD27C-70B4-4690-80E2-47649E1A56D8.jpeg
    64ACD27C-70B4-4690-80E2-47649E1A56D8.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 247
OP
bow_hunt32

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
What was the cost and wait time? I have a wilderness that I genuinely love, but the palm swell is the only thing I would change if the $ made sense to do so.

about $400 and a week because I bought the Stock on here from a fellow rokslider

What was the cost and wait time? I have a wilderness that I genuinely love, but the palm swell is the only thing I would change if the $ made sense to do so.

FYI, that particular McMillan pattern is the Sako Hunter, and it has a right handed palm swell which you may or may not like. I personally love that pattern stock and have had them on several rifles. If you are looking for a stock without a palm swell, this stock is not for you.

craig

Do you know the model number? Will it work for 300 weatherby action? I was looking at a boyds stock but they told me theirs wouldn't fit the magnum action. thanks.

OP
bow_hunt32

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know the model number? Will it work for 300 weatherby action? I was looking at a boyds stock but they told me theirs wouldn't fit the magnum action. thanks.

Not sure on the model number, this stock interchanged between my 300 win mag and 300 wby mag with no issues

gelton

WKR
Nice upgrade...After the season I plan on bedding the action for my Backcountry and keeping the B&C. Also going to get a muzzle brake installed, and remove the sling studs and replace with quick release and have a rail installed on the forend for a bipod.

I have installed the Harris bipods on that sling stud up front and wrecked the stock once...Weatherby replaced it but I dont trust it can hold the recoil of the .300.

OP
bow_hunt32

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
Nice upgrade...After the season I plan on bedding the action for my Backcountry and keeping the B&C. Also going to get a muzzle brake installed, and remove the sling studs and replace with quick release and have a rail installed on the forend for a bipod.

I have installed the Harris bipods on that sling stud up front and wrecked the stock once...Weatherby replaced it but I dont trust it can hold the recoil of the .300.
I had the same problem on the backcountry b&c stock after putting a harris bipod on!! Good to hear its not just me. the next upgrade im planning on is adding a Timney trigger this setup

gelton

WKR
I had the same problem on the backcountry b&c stock after putting a harris bipod on!! Good to hear its not just me. the next upgrade im planning on is adding a Timney trigger this setup
Swapping the trigger was my first upgrade out of the box...Timney here as well 2.5lbs, big upgrade from the factory trigger.