Uphill left misses downhill right misses

541hunter

WKR
Went to a 3d shoot this morning and as the title says on downhill shoots I’m routinely right and uphill missing left. I’m sure there is a form issue at play here but could it be an axis issue? Any input appreciated

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
yep 3rd axis. Follow tim gillingham method. Cant level 3rd axis at rest need to be at full draw.

CAM_D

FNG
Definitely sounds like 3rd axis. What sight are you using, and does it have a level that is set up?

OP
541hunter

541hunter

WKR
I’m running a black gold verdict ascent. I thought I had it set but something could have been knocked out of whack since i set it in early summer. I hadn’t shot on 50% + slope in a while and the buck i shot this year was relatively the same elevation so I’ll have to take look.

Zac

WKR
You can actually sight in the third Axis on MBG. I would call Black Gold customer service and ask them how to do it. They are super helpful. You can call your shop and ask them if they will let you set 3rd Axis at full draw with a Hamskea. If they say no then I would find another shop.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
You just need a third axis level that mounts to your sights with 2 pointer bars. Vertical line on a wall or a hanging plumb bob or I use a self leveling laser on the garage door. At full draw and aiming at a 45 degree angle up hill and down, line up the pointer on the vertical line you choose to use and see if your sight bubble shows level. If not it needs to rotate in or out depending on what the sight bubble shows.