Upland Vest

rm06

WKR
It's interesting to see a lot of people liking and wearing load-bearing vests, I had an original Quilomene many, many years ago and didn't really care for it. I usually wear an older Columbia front and rear load vest. I also have a Filson strap vest but I only wear it when it's really hot and then I don't really care for upland hunting in that type of weather.

We've seen some pretty lean years in western KS so having the ability to carry a bunch of weight hasn't been an issue, I'm also not the greatest wingshooter. We drive to fields, hunt them and move on so even a really big field only may only account for a couple of hours away from the truck, most of the time it's less.

It's interesting to see a lot of people liking and wearing load-bearing vests, I had an original Quilomene many, many years ago and didn't really care for it. I usually wear an older Columbia front and rear load vest. I also have a Filson strap vest but I only wear it when it's really hot and then I don't really care for upland hunting in that type of weather.

We've seen some pretty lean years in western KS so having the ability to carry a bunch of weight hasn't been an issue, I'm also not the greatest wingshooter. We drive to fields, hunt them and move on so even a really big field only may only account for a couple of hours away from the truck, most of the time it's less.

Not to hijack, but where do you hunt? I have hunted around liberal and garden city once a year for a long time and it has been fairly good even these last few years. I had heard further north was less good though.

JWP58

WKR
Couldn't warm up to the wing works. Its heavy...and that's about it. The wingworks is Gucci, but not for me.....kind like berettas.

I use the old Orvis sling vest. It's only got one strap so it doesn't interfere with my gun mount. Holds plenty of water and birds.

rm06

WKR
Not to hijack, but where do you hunt? I have hunted around liberal and garden city once a year for a long time and it has been fairly good even these last few years. I had heard further north was less good though.

Yeah, we're a good bit north of there. Last couple of years have been worlds better but the 20 years in between were pretty rough

mcseal2

WKR
I like the Tenzing bird vest for my use. I don't get near as many bird hunts in as I used to, but it handles my needs well.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Filson, traditional and flexible. Sent it back for repairs from wear, excellent service. Pouch swallows water bottles and grouse. No frills old school. Like an old friend.