Urgent Unified Hunter Support Needed

OP
DEEF

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
Good on you for at least trying

Absolutely, you should join the fun too!

Where’s supposedly pro hunting BHA on this issue?

They obviously oppose AB 1254. Do you subscribe to the BHA email? If you did, you would have received a statement about the opposition and a call to action. Do you distrust the hunting right motives and intentions of BHA?

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a BHA member and haven't received anything. They usually make it pretty easy to contact your particular law maker by doing the footwork for contact info and drawing up an e-mail.

OP
DEEF

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
A) Most politicians will only pay attention to concerns of constituents, so Cali hunters, let 'er rip. This is important, as the loudest voice often gets heard....apathy is not the approach to take.
B) This may come as a shock, but hunting is not a right, unless written into law as such (laws can still change) but a privilege, allowed to perpetuate by your fellow citizens. It's called a 'social licence' and every one of us are an ambassador to hunting and should conduct themselves as such.
C) Politics has no place in Wildlife Management and when emotion trumps science, you end up with situations like we did in BC with the Griz hunt, shutdown by a bunch of ignorant city dwelling folks voting to save smoky the bear.
D) Irregardless is not a word, you just say regardless

A) Although a legislator "listens to their constituents", they also interact with other Legislators and members of our culture. Similarly as you have suggested, this cultural impact has an influence on the legislative process. Hearing the value of hunting from other citizens, will help shape their perception of our cultural support for hunting. And, it will become a experiential factor which may come to their consideration latter in the political careers which may possibly govern the legislative expanse of the country. If we want our hunting rights to continue, hunters must collectively let their values be known to every politician.

B) "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" is not a law my friend, but they are arguably naturally-based Rights as declared in our Declaration of Independence. Hunting is an action of life. Therefore, hunting can be articulated as a right. U.S. Laws affirm and protect "inalienable rights". The creation of a law or a "social licence"(license), is based upon human conditions for sustenance and the continuation of designated qualities. Why one would separate the idea of hunting from sustenance and the pursuit of liberty and pursuit of happiness is probably best understood by assessing the historical inputs which led to the construction of dependence economics and the irrational application of human morals upon animals; of which, have recently been influencing our legislative process.

Anti-hunting and "animal rights" philosophy have arguably shaped the idea that hunting is a privilege and I strongly reject such a thought. Although distinct from my wholehearted thankfulness for my way of life, I certainly will not associate my actions of hunting as a "privilege". Also, to think of your fellow man as providing you with the ability to hunt is a fast track to fulfilling the ambitions and objective of anti hunting ideologies. As an ambassador of hunting, I strongly encourage you to reframe your behavior.

C) Emotionally tied ideas certainly drive the statements of anti hunters and their legislative interventions. Disney made a fortune on the innate emotions of humans and directly helped to shape the dangerous attack on our hunting rights today.

D) No thanks on the grammar imperative. Irregardless is in fact is a word; and, although a blend of words doesn't mean that it's necessary to refrain. Language has a variety of possibilities, just as our ability to creatively resist and oppose Anti-hunting ideologies. Regardless(hat tip) of your locale on the planet, your action of contacting a CA legislator to let them know of your hunting values will help counteract the anti-hunting ideas they hear about.

In a collective call to support our hunting rights, "Resist".

Happy Hunting.

OP
DEEF

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a BHA member and haven't received anything. They usually make it pretty easy to contact your particular law maker by doing the footwork for contact info and drawing up an e-mail.
Strange ehh. I received an email post the assembly bill passing, but I'm not sure if the email came by way of the CA chapter. I hadn't heard about the Assembly Bill through BHA and would have liked to. Making the contact easy is what I like about groups like BHA, but they did not provide a form or link to contact a district Senator.

Here's the link to find your CA Senator: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/

Billinsd

WKR
Sorry but I believe that state politics needs to stay within that state, I don't live in California so I don't have any right pushing my opinion on Californians.

It's rather obvious that the OP has no clue about how our political system works (not understanding that his state legislators are the people that he needs to contact) and that's why the left has won that state. It's way too late to change anything in California but those of us who live in other states can use it as an example of what happens when sit on our butts watching football and drinking beer all night rather than getting involved in our local politics.
Yes, I mostly agree. The OPs ignorance of basic government is part of the reason the left has won. The school system has failed us and most here are fat, dumb, and happy. Also like across the country parents are failing their kids. My 15 year old daughter most certainly doesn't know anything about government yet. She may take a civics class. Good God I hope so. Either way I will teach her myself. I taught both my kids to read and write and math while they attended public schools. I laugh and say I'm home schooling my kids in public school. I teach my kids what isn't taught at school. This seems to be lost on parents these days. The big reason this state is a super Democrate majority state is the explosion of Hispanic people who mostly vote Democrat. California is the Canary in the coal mine. I was born and raised here and it was a fantastic place until about the 80s. I'm planning on moving out in a few years. Yes, learn from California, because it's gone and never coming back. Bill

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
They obviously oppose AB 1254. Do you subscribe to the BHA email? If you did, you would have received a statement about the opposition and a call to action. Do you distrust the hunting right motives and intentions of BHA?

Nothing from BHA

I’m not comfortable with the fact in our state BHA someone who is paid spokesman for an anti hunting organization was a board member of BHA.

You can connect the dots if you choose

Billinsd

WKR
Nothing from BHA

I’m not comfortable with the fact in our state BHA someone who is paid spokesman for an anti hunting organization was a board member of BHA.

BHA is a public lands access group. That seems to be their priority. Promoting and protecting hunting is not the group's main concern. That's why they associate with anti hunters who are pro public lands, in my opinion.

Broomd

WKR
Sadly Kalifornia is a lost cause, I feel for you fellas there, but the place is a f*cking joke and everyone knows it.
BHA is a joke too, every hardcore liberal hunter I know extols the org. Says all one needs to know.

K

Kootenay Hunter

B) "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" is not a law my friend, but they are arguably naturally-based Rights as declared in our Declaration of Independence. Hunting is an action of life. Therefore, hunting can be articulated as a right. U.S. Laws affirm and protect "inalienable rights". The creation of a law or a "social licence"(license), is based upon human conditions for sustenance and the continuation of designated qualities. Why one would separate the idea of hunting from sustenance and the pursuit of liberty and pursuit of happiness is probably best understood by assessing the historical inputs which led to the construction of dependence economics and the irrational application of human morals upon animals; of which, have recently been influencing our legislative process.

Anti-hunting and "animal rights" philosophy have arguably shaped the idea that hunting is a privilege and I strongly reject such a thought. Although distinct from my wholehearted thankfulness for my way of life, I certainly will not associate my actions of hunting as a "privilege". Also, to think of your fellow man as providing you with the ability to hunt is a fast track to fulfilling the ambitions and objective of anti hunting ideologies. As an ambassador of hunting, I strongly encourage you to reframe your behavior.

If this is the actual case, then it's simply a constitutional court challenge...should be pretty cut and dry, Cali has infringed on your rights.

It's not my philosophy, I'm just stating facts. Hunting can be banned all at once, or one species at a time, either way, an anti-hunting majority is making it happen. As each 'reprehensible' method of hunting (hounds, then predators, etc.) is ticked off the list, sustenance hunting could eventually be up next.

I agree, you need to stand up and fight. All I'm pointing out is that unless you're state has a specific law that protects hunting, all you need is a democratic majority to pass laws to ban it, simple as that.

Marble

WKR
Life long CA resident. It all started when they banned Mt lion hunting in the 90s. They have not had science based game management largely practiced since then. The DFG commission are political appointees, not life long people who know and understand game management.

It will not change or get better. These people are making decisions based off their good intentions, not what actually needs to happen.

A few other examples:

Hound hunting
Copper only everywhere
Almost non exist penalties for poaching
Marijuana
Drug laws
Prison release

10 years and I'll be retired and able to go.

OP
DEEF

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing from BHA

Interesting, did they get booted? What region was this in?