US made alternative to Kodiak Canvas?

Piling on...I don't know anything about wall tents, but believe these are American made. Have always wanted to stop in when I drive by.

“I've camped in a lot of wall tents, and my Elk Horn Tent is the best I've used. It's well designed, well built and rugged. I have complete faith in it, no matter how bad the conditions are."

Dwight Schuh
Outdoor Writer/Editor
Sports Afield & Bowhunter Magazine

If you are going after a wall tent I dont think Davis tent can be beat for quality. My 14x16 with internal frame is easy to setup by myself and it is bombproof. They always run specials if you are patient you can save some coin.

bhylton

WKR
Which model do you have from Reliable? The Teton? Did you opt for the 4' sides? Any other thoughts if you were to order again?
Yes, its a Teton model. Mine has 3ft walls. If i had it to do again, i would do 4ft walls for sure. As a solo or 2 person tent if weight and packed size is an issue, i would still choose a 10x10x3.

I was eyeing a 10x14... the price difference between the Family model from Spring and the kodiak is 1400 vs 650. Springbar makes an overseas model at like 799 but doesn’t that defeat the purpose?
I think they had to market the overseas models to compete with Kodiak.... I bought the Springbar hot tent model and Kodiak isn't even an option.

mmac

WKR
I have the spring bar hot tent and love it. With all the positive reviews I wouldn’t say there is much quality difference to the Kodiak. But they do have manufacturing jobs in the us and if you do have an issue you can send to them for repairs etc. Many of the people on here are probably handy enough to do it on their own, but I like knowing that.

nrh6.7

WKR
Every picture I see of the Springbar pitches looks very loose to me and all the Kodiaks look very taught. Can the SB be pitched better than what you see on their website? If not, it seems they would make a lot of noise in windy weather. I also notice this when seeing people pitch their own when reading reviews.

Springbar:
1616778632371.png

Kodiak:
1616778681455.png

Cwsharer

FNG
Reliable tent and tipi is my vote have both a range tipi and a 12x14 wall tent , both solid and easy to set up and the wall tent came in a kit with aluminum poles and stove and everything needed . Great option !

sneaky

"DADDY"
I wanted a Kodiak canvas 10x14 for my family camping and truck camping tent. I like how simple it seems to be to set up compared to a wall tent. It fits all my needs but one, that being that's it's made in China. I then looked into Springbars similar offering but it's Chinese too. Is there a large tent that is simple to set up and essentially bombproof that is US made? Or am I stuck with going with a wall tent?
Springbar has a line of US made tents as well, more expensive of course, but the option is there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
What's more simple than a single center pole tipi from Seek Outside or Kifaru? They stand up to wind and rain and are lightweight.
There's no setback to figure out with a Kodiak or Springbar, and not as many stakes. For car camping a lightweight tipi just isn't as comfortable as a canvas tent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
A
I ended up with a Kodiak Flex bow 10x14. I really wanted a US made tent, but 3x the cost was hard for me to justify. Especially when there's seems to be relatively few issues with the Kodiak and many happy customers.

What's more simple than a single center pole tipi from Seek Outside or Kifaru? They stand up to wind and rain and are lightweight.

I have a tipi that I use and enjoy. But for family camping and car camping it's not what I wanted. I have a couple dogs that will be going along from time to time and they can get out of the tipi , even when it's pitched very close to the ground. I also don't think I'd have room in it for two adults and a pack and play for my son. The Kodiak and my tipi are each tools in my toolbox but will have very different roles.

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
I was lucky to get a Springbar 10x14 used and everyone loves it. I won't sell it. My daughter has set it up by herself sooo many times my 3 yr old grandson calls it "his". The design is awesome and yes the Kodiak seems to be a copy of it. You'll love either

dduarte85

FNG
I ended up with a Spring Classic Jack 10x14, I really wanted the US model but the asking price was just beyond our families budget. The thing is a cinch to put up. Even my first time with barely looking at the instructions it took less than 10 mins. Most of the time is spent spiking it down. I think there is 12-14 posts.