US wall tent stove options?

Bobbyboe

WKR
Ok, I purchased a Davis 14x16 tent, which should hopefully be here in 7-8 weeks. Now I need to buy a stove to pair with it. I’ve looked at the Davis stoves, Colorado cylinder stoves and Utah cylinder stoves. Are there any other companies to consider? It seems 4 dog doesn’t have anything but titanium available, which I don’t want to pay the extra money for.

What are pros/cons of each brand? Does anyone know if a door gasket can be added to the David to make it air tight? Let’s hear it guys, what are my options?

Also, do you prefer the packages (water tank, heating tray) or just the basic stove?

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Another one to throw in the mix is the Riley Camp Stove -- Manufactured in Townsend, Montana. A tad lighter than the others mentioned, but tough as heck and easy to pack in if you ever go that route. They also offer a pellet burning stoves which will keep you nice and toasty!

Last edited:

go_deep

WKR
I bought the Wilderness 5 for my 14x16 Davis.
It's great! Long burn times, lots of good things, can't say a bad thing about it!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think the Davis stoves are imported, same with the Wall Tent shop ones. Still leaves plenty of options. I run a Colorado cylinder stove in my 16x20 Davis tent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I think the Davis stoves are imported, same with the Wall Tent shop ones. Still leaves plenty of options. I run a Colorado cylinder stove in my 16x20 Davis tent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Correct on the first, most on the second, I use Colorado Cylinder Stoves as well.

I use a survivor grizzly stove in my wall tent. It's way to big and heavy to pack anywhere even with horses, but it blows away any other tent stove I've ever seen.

Ok, I purchased a Davis 14x16 tent, which should hopefully be here in 7-8 weeks. Now I need to buy a stove to pair with it. I’ve looked at the Davis stoves, Colorado cylinder stoves and Utah cylinder stoves. Are there any other companies to consider? It seems 4 dog doesn’t have anything but titanium available, which I don’t want to pay the extra money for.

What are pros/cons of each brand? Does anyone know if a door gasket can be added to the David to make it air tight? Let’s hear it guys, what are my options?

Also, do you prefer the packages (water tank, heating tray) or just the basic stove?
Keep an eye on 4 dogs website - they intermittently offer the regular tent stoves.

I've had decent luck with the Wall Tent Shop stove. I wouldn't waste my money on water tanks or heating trays though. I also have a small Kni-co stove for my smaller tents and have no complaints about it, either.

After my experience with the Kni-co, I don't think door gaskets make that big of a difference. Its definitely not
"air-tight" and you can extinguish it fairly quickly by shutting the vent/dampers all the way off - I wouldn't concern myself with it.

One thing that does seem useful is the baffle system that 4 dog uses. I haven't personally used one, but I could see where that would make the stove more efficient.

robin1970

FNG
Keep an eye on 4 dogs website - they intermittently offer the regular tent stoves.

I've had decent luck with the Wall Tent Shop stove. I wouldn't waste my money on water tanks or heating trays though. I also have a small Kni-co stove for my smaller tents and have no complaints about it, either.

After my experience with the Kni-co, I don't think door gaskets make that big of a difference. Its definitely not
"air-tight" and you can extinguish it fairly quickly by shutting the vent/dampers all the way off - I wouldn't concern myself with it.

One thing that does seem useful is the baffle system that 4 dog uses. I haven't personally used one, but I could see where that would make the stove more efficient.
For a large tent, and many weeks use, I'd get a warming tray, and probably a water tank, too. A large kettle can substitute for a water tank.
I've used a Kni-co trekker stove in a small canvas tent. I skipped the "extras" for space savings. I also own a 4 Dog "2 dog" stove. The warming tray is included with the stove. They stopped selling the water tanks, and recommend a kettle.