USA Made

bsnedeker

WKR
my question is why isn't Forloh getting more love. Ive been to their flagship store and bought a pair of their pants and belt. Extremely high quality and screams high end technical gear. In general they are on the higher end of weight but pretty close to Sitka in weight and fit. I've heard some say they were turned off by 650 fill down garments, but at this time they can only get 650 duck down in bulk in the US. I've actually played with a bag of the duck down in their store and it much more down plumes then I expected.
I'm a big fan and I plan to replace all of my clothing with them as stuff wears out. I'd love to go all in but my hunting budget doesn't allow it. I've got the rain pants and a shirt right now and I really like the quality and the warranty.

My neighbor works for them and I'm right down the road from Whitefish so I can check stuff out before I buy which is really nice!

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I'm a big fan and I plan to replace all of my clothing with them as stuff wears out. I'd love to go all in but my hunting budget doesn't allow it. I've got the rain pants and a shirt right now and I really like the quality and the warranty.

My neighbor works for them and I'm right down the road from Whitefish so I can check stuff out before I buy which is really nice!
That is nice!
I am finding their sizing a little challenging for me. The XL softshell jacket fits great and how I would expect an XL to fit. The XL shirts fit like XXXLs to me with huge arms. They will be going back for Larges in the next few days to see. I am hoping to try the puffy jacket or vest next and have it here before bear season. So far though, I like the gear and company.

When you are in there next, please throw out the need/desire for them to produce gaiters before the fall.

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR

Also, will you do me a favor and others trying to determine sizing?

Whenever you go in next, will you try on a puffy jacket and the softshell and see how the sizing works. Would a 1 size down puffy fit better under the softshell, or do both pieces in the same size fit how you would want/expect.

And same thing for the vest?

Thanks.

I will note i'm a 32 in jeans and 33 in Sita pants. I was a 34 in Forloh pants. Size large fit me in the vests and Jackets and I wear Large in some Sitka and Large in all Stone Glacier.

Yeah the fit(and look) of their stuff is pretty similar to kuiu for me but its better quality for sure. I think they might have a former employee of kuiu working for them in some capacity, think i heard that on a podcast with the owner or a video he did but not 100% sure. Fine with me either way. The tops are just a little bit roomy on my torso in a large but the length on the torso and sleeve is perfect. I also had to size up in pants from 32 to 34. They are slim yet somewhat of a boot cut which is probably great for guys with padded ankle boots, but i wear old school raw leather boots and I like the fit of the sitka apex pant so i had my wife tighten up the knee to ankle area a bit so there isnt any extra loose material. They're my favorite pants ive tried. I really do like their gear, i have a full kit. Stoked to see what they come out with down the road

CoHiCntry

WKR
I will note i'm a 32 in jeans and 33 in Sita pants. I was a 34 in Forloh pants. Size large fit me in the vests and Jackets and I wear Large in some Sitka and Large in all Stone Glacier.
What about length? Their regular is supposed to be 32” long and there tall is 36”. I usually wear a 34 length in jeans. Trying to decide if the regulars will be long enough?

I think you guys with fitment questions should just call them, they've been helpful over the phone to me whe ive called

sneaky

"DADDY"
What about length? Their regular is supposed to be 32” long and there tall is 36”. I usually wear a 34 length in jeans. Trying to decide if the regulars will be long enough?
They haven't come out with tall sizes in pants yet. They initially said last fall, now it's spring sometime. They need to get tall pants on the market before worrying about gaiters. I know quite a few people who haven't bought pants yet, myself included, because of the limitation in inseam length.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tecker123

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Forloh is really the only true 100% USA made choice if you are looking for a whole kit. They have everything from Base layer (with NASA tech) mid layer and waterproof breathable layers, and their stuff is top top quality! They even have backpacks and other accessories launching this year in time for hunting.

Farm to feet are great american made socks too, i actually prefer them over my darn tough socks but I have several pairs of both

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
Outdoor Research USA made department finally has some stuff in stock. After a few years, I finally was able to order some of the gaiters. I am not sure if the material is also sourced in the US, but the product is made in Seattle or LA and being as there is only one other USA made gaiter out there, I figured I would jump on these. Hope it works out and they are delivered.