USA Made

gaswamp

FNG
^ my wife has an Ascendent that sees a lot of wear- she loves it

I do find it somewhat odd when a company hits a home run with a garment, only to ditch a season or two later- I guess just because it's a home run doesn't mean it's making them money :(
aint that the truth you see that across the produst spectrum from autos, guns, shoes, ect.

Gapmaster

WKR
I didn’t read through the entire thread,so may have been mentioned, but I wear some Duluth DOTF and the Flexpedition pants that have been solid on a few Sept elk hunts. USA owned/operated to my knowledge. The brown is spot on for dark timber hunts.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Fayettechill zip t showed up.

Very nice piece. It’s a little heavier fleece than the Sitka heavyweight. Cut is a hair more boxy, which I actually like. Pine color is awesome and looks like it belongs as a hunting garment. This will get a lot of use. Price isn’t bad. Tech isn’t bad. I think it’s a winner. Wouldn’t mind a hoody

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I didn’t read through the entire thread,so may have been mentioned, but I wear some Duluth DOTF and the Flexpedition pants that have been solid on a few Sept elk hunts. USA owned/operated to my knowledge. The brown is spot on for dark timber hunts.
Those pants look good but the last bullet in the specs is “imported”.
I haven’t done research on Duluth yet, but will as some of their stuff looks intriguing.

Voyageur

WKR
Fayettechill zip t showed up.

Very nice piece. It’s a little heavier fleece than the Sitka heavyweight. Cut is a hair more boxy, which I actually like. Pine color is awesome and looks like it belongs as a hunting garment. This will get a lot of use. Price isn’t bad. Tech isn’t bad. I think it’s a winner. Wouldn’t mind a hoody
I must have missed mention of Fayettechill earlier in this thread. Just visited their website and found their clothing options intriguing. If you get one of their hoodies please report back.

I must have missed mention of Fayettechill earlier in this thread. Just visited their website and found their clothing options intriguing. If you get one of their hoodies please report back.
92xj and i both ordered hoodies. They are very nice and warm, been wearing mine since i got it. Bit loose in the waist area on me but everywhere else is perfect

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
92xj and i both ordered hoodies. They are very nice and warm, been wearing mine since i got it. Bit loose in the waist area on me but everywhere else is perfect
Got home from vacation and went straight to the mail box to open the fleece. This thing is badass. Super warm for its weight and will replace my Firstlite, which will be for sale soon. The full zip is great and I plan on ordering the non zip option as well. I wish I would have went with my gut and ordered it a week ago as they are all sold out now. I will agree, they fit a tick big, which is not a bad thing as long as you are aware of it. Right now, I am in between a XL and L in everything. I ordered the L in the fleece knowing I will be down another 20 pounds in a few months. The large fits perfect right now. Maybe by next hunting season I'll be in a M. Sleeves are snugish, which I like in a fleece. It will not be bulky under a puffy when layered on backcountry hunts and when not layered will stay out of the way of the bow string.
As fas as warmth, this thing is doing a great job. I had some quick projects in the chicken coop. Wore it with a t-shirt underneath and was pleasantly comfortable while being active with it snowing and 31 degrees. Looking forward to hitting the local hill this weekend with a pack on to see how it does.

Got home from vacation and went straight to the mail box to open the fleece. This thing is badass. Super warm for its weight and will replace my Firstlite, which will be for sale soon. The full zip is great and I plan on ordering the non zip option as well. I wish I would have went with my gut and ordered it a week ago as they are all sold out now. I will agree, they fit a tick big, which is not a bad thing as long as you are aware of it. Right now, I am in between a XL and L in everything. I ordered the L in the fleece knowing I will be down another 20 pounds in a few months. The large fits perfect right now. Maybe by next hunting season I'll be in a M. Sleeves are snugish, which I like in a fleece. It will not be bulky under a puffy when layered on backcountry hunts and when not layered will stay out of the way of the bow string.
As fas as warmth, this thing is doing a great job. I had some quick projects in the chicken coop. Wore it with a t-shirt underneath and was pleasantly comfortable while being active with it snowing and 31 degrees. Looking forward to hitting the local hill this weekend with a pack on to see how it does.
I have a hard time with some brands cause im a large in the arms and shoulders but a medium waist. Part of me wants to see if it'll shrink in the dryer lol just scared it'll get too tight in the arms

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I’d either start eating to get that gut filled out to match the arms. Or get a girlfriend so you don’t have to work those arms so much and slim them down.

I’m kidding. I don’t have that problem as I feel my arms are “normal” and I carry weight in my torso. I’m still wearing it while reading with the kids and putting them to bed and still really digging it overall including the fit.

Lawnboi

WKR
Any of you have a curry colored fayettechill?

Been wearing mine a bit skiing. Prefer it to Sitka heavyweight. More generous cut I prefer, especially when wearing it for an everyday type garment and carrying concealed. It’s got a little better wind resistance and breaths very well. About what I’d expect from polartech grid fleece.

So far they have met or exceeded performance of th le half dozen or so fleece mid layers I have which have all been made overseas.

Lawnboi

WKR
I’d either start eating to get that gut filled out to match the arms. Or get a girlfriend so you don’t have to work those arms so much and slim them down.

I’m kidding. I don’t have that problem as I feel my arms are “normal” and I carry weight in my torso. I’m still wearing it while reading with the kids and putting them to bed and still really digging it overall including the fit.
What color hoody did you end up with?

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
What color hoody did you end up with?
The green one, It’s a great color and looks like it belongs in the woods and in someone’s hunting kit. Whenever the non zip one is in stock, I’ll order it as well. I think this is the best performing fleece I’ve worn. For sure I’d pick it up before my two firstlites and Sitka.

tak

WKR
I ordered another fayettechill zip t.

Without a doubt my favorite fleece yet.

the 1/4 zip w/o hood or the full zip hoodie?

I wanted the pullover, but they don't have it in the green. How is the curry color? Is it more brown or yellow?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to get the hoodie and the pullover, if they are as nice as they look, I would be wearing them around town too.

Lawnboi

WKR
the 1/4 zip w/o hood or the full zip hoodie?

I wanted the pullover, but they don't have it in the green. How is the curry color? Is it more brown or yellow?

I guess it wouldn't hurt to get the hoodie and the pullover, if they are as nice as they look, I would be wearing them around town too.
I got another zip t w/o hood. I have one in pine green and was going to get another but it was out of stock so I went with blue, as I’ll use it for a lot more than hunting.

I’m hesitant to get the hoody, and don’t know how much I’d wear the full zip. I live in 1/4 zip pullovers though.

I was curious of the curry color as well and wouldn’t mind seeing some pictures if you end up with one.

Regardless, $63 for a US made and sourced polartech branded zip T is insane. On top of that I really like the fit and finish. My wife liked it so much on me she told me to order another. I don’t hear that often when talking high dollar hunting and outdoor gear

A Sitka logo and made in China tag would have made that a $100 fleece

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
I ordered another fayettechill zip t.

Without a doubt my favorite fleece yet.
Dang you.

After seeing that, I went on and ordered their fleece pants which look like a great underlay for duck and late November deer hunts and their everyday hoodie. I was going to order the non zip fleece hoodie in curry, but out of stock in my size.
I am still really digging the full zip, wear it most days and have zero regrets or desires for changes.
It will be with me all spring bear and turkey season.

Lawnboi

WKR
Dang you.

After seeing that, I went on and ordered their fleece pants which look like a great underlay for duck and late November deer hunts and their everyday hoodie. I was going to order the non zip fleece hoodie in curry, but out of stock in my size.
I am still really digging the full zip, wear it most days and have zero regrets or desires for changes.
It will be with me all spring bear and turkey season.
I’m sure they will be nice. Its a comfortable fabric, and dosnt feel like I’m wearing spandex like when I squeeze into some Sitka stuff.

Hopefully they make more stuff.

I am going to have to try them out. They are right here in my back yard in NW Arkansas. Need to make a trip down to the retail store, I guess.

tak

WKR
I got another zip t w/o hood. I have one in pine green and was going to get another but it was out of stock so I went with blue, as I’ll use it for a lot more than hunting.

I’m hesitant to get the hoody, and don’t know how much I’d wear the full zip. I live in 1/4 zip pullovers though.

I was curious of the curry color as well and wouldn’t mind seeing some pictures if you end up with one.

Regardless, $63 for a US made and sourced polartech branded zip T is insane. On top of that I really like the fit and finish. My wife liked it so much on me she told me to order another. I don’t hear that often when talking high dollar hunting and outdoor gear

A Sitka logo and made in China tag would have made that a $100 fleece

Good info, thanks! I misread and thought you had the curry.

Anyway, I wanted green so I ended up getting the hoodie, and you're right, the zip T is a steal so
I also got that one in curry, it was the only color in medium.

I'll post up pics when I get it. Hoping the curry is more brown. Some of the "action" pics it looked kind of like a carharrt brown. It'll get great use regardless, I love grid fleece, and can't believe you can get actual polartec made in America.

Lawnboi

WKR
Good info, thanks! I misread and thought you had the curry.

Anyway, I wanted green so I ended up getting the hoodie, and you're right, the zip T is a steal so
I also got that one in curry, it was the only color in medium.

I'll post up pics when I get it. Hoping the curry is more brown. Some of the "action" pics it looked kind of like a carharrt brown. It'll get great use regardless, I love grid fleece, and can't believe you can get actual polartec made in America.
I’d like to hear hour thoughts between the two when you arrive and wouldn’t mind seeing a real world picture of the curry

Reactions: tak