USAFA Archery Range

Vandy321

WKR
I know this isn't the "meet up" thread. But wondering if anyone in here shooting traditional is ever down at the 3D range there. Would e joy shooting with someone I can learn a little from.

oldgoat

WKR
Guess not, but if you're ever up north with your bow hit me up, I can get us into the range at golden, I do my very best to not go to the springs!

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Guess not, but if you're ever up north with your bow hit me up, I can get us into the range at golden, I do my very best to not go to the springs!
Can do, I've been up at RMS a few times for lessons and some supplies, but would like to get out and shoot some 3D, I'll look for some better weather and try to make it happen

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’m moving to work there in a few months. Would love to know more on opportunities there. Not a traditional guy…yet though.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
I’m moving to work there in a few months. Would love to know more on opportunities there. Not a traditional guy…yet though.
One of the best outdoor ranges in the country. Static meter and yard lanes, broadhead lane, multiple walking courses with known ranges from about 15-75 both walking 3D courses and some walking courses with paper targets.

Tahoe1305

WKR
That’s awesome. My jobs getting better and better. Rifle range by chance???

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
That’s awesome. My jobs getting better and better. Rifle range by chance???
No...suggest you get on the wait list at Ben Lomand Gun Club or another private club like that...or hike some steal up in the NF and shoot.

feanor

WKR
I really love the Air Force range. But I haven’t been there since 2019 with all their civilian restrictions. I’d like to get back there this spring though. Only compound for me- sorry.

oldgoat

WKR
Can do, I've been up at RMS a few times for lessons and some supplies, but would like to get out and shoot some 3D, I'll look for some better weather and try to make it happen
I work rotating days so I shoot a lot of weekdays and weekends when I can.