Used mini inreach help

Pwells10

WKR
Hey guys,

Bought a used one in great condition for a great price.

I'm trying to register it and says the device is suspended. How can I get past this, since it originally wasnt under my account?

It has been set to factory reset

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Bought a used one in great condition for a great price.

I'm trying to register it and says the device is suspended. How can I get past this, since it originally wasnt under my account?

It has been set to factory reset

Have you reached out to Garmin yet? If not, start there.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
Hopefully they didn't leave an account balance on that device...

They didn't. I talked to the guy and found out he forgot to disconnect from his garmin account.

We got it all taken care of and works now.

Picked it up for $200 thought I did pretty well. He had only used it once because it wouldn't pick up reception in the deep canyons and valleys he was in, when he was trail running in Nepal.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
How are you liking the Garmin Mini? Any issues with reception where you are hunting?

I unfortunately am selling mine due to Dr. Bills but I only had problems when I was in thick timber. Other than that no problem. If I had a skylight, I got through.

gfreidy

WKR
Was following this thread as I am new to the mini this year. Seems to be awesome as I can get regular messages out to my family when I am in the backcountry and notify my wife if my return plans have changed. Wife is happy...I am happy! Not certain about the yearly subscription but have used it every month since August so far.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you have it up and running. I don't have the mini but have the Explorer Plus. I've had a few issues, mostly operator error but have found the Garmin tech support is great.