Used pack

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Wear and tear aside, is there any other negatives is buying a pack second hand? Seems that all reputable brands warranty their products even if it's not the original owner. Thoughts? Thanks

kata2012

Lil-Rokslider
Just do you due diligence when buying a used pack. Ask the seller about rips, tears, zipper condition, stains, smells, etc.

Do the research on each company to see what is covered under warranty, as there is some difference between brands.

That being said, I have purchased a number of used packs on here and other sites trying out different setups and i have found this forum to be the most honest and and upfront about pack condition.

That being said, be careful as I stared out buying a pack for 1 specific need and now have stable of packs that im not sure I can part with lol.

Good luck with the search.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Bobrunner06

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Just do you due diligence when buying a used pack. Ask the seller about rips, tears, zipper condition, stains, smells, etc.

Do the research on each company to see what is covered under warranty, as there is some difference between brands.

That being said, I have purchased a number of used packs on here and other sites trying out different setups and i have found this forum to be the most honest and and upfront about pack condition.

That being said, be careful as I stared out buying a pack for 1 specific need and now have stable of packs that im not sure I can part with lol.

Good luck with the search.

Thanks for the advice. I think I know what I want, and while there is a little discount buying used, I'm not sure if its worth it or not... haha

I've only bought 1 peice of gear through the forum (~100$) and I was a little leery about it. Had no issues and a great experience.

kata2012

Lil-Rokslider
Be patient, if you aren't in a rush, you can often find a killer deal.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nothing wrong with buying a used pack so long as it’s been used properly and not overly abused.

Keep an eye on Camofire.com and huntoftheday.com Both have different items daily, usually they both have packs, some up to 50% off. Items change daily, so check it often. Not sure what you are looking for, but right now huntoftheday.com has the Badlands Ascent Pack for 42% off.

Thank you for the heads up!
Wear and tear aside, is there any other negatives is buying a pack second hand? Seems that all reputable brands warranty their products even if it's not the original owner. Thoughts? Thanks

Many, many Mystery Ranch packs on sale on Camofire.com right now, and they're 47% off. Might be an option if you can find one that works for you.

I think I know what I want, and while there is a little discount buying used, I'm not sure if its worth it or not...

I've bought and sold plenty of gear on here and other hunting forums, never had any regrets. One of the biggest advantages of buying used is that you are not subject to manufacturer's wait time due to orders in front of yours. For example, I believe that Kifaru is currently 4+ weeks.

I too have bought and sold many items here that included Sitka, Kenetrek, and Crispi. Items I sold were good as new, and items I bought were just as good. Go to the classifieds, and start a "want to buy" ad, and list what you want specifically. Someone may have the exact model you want, and they are looking to sell it to move up to a bigger size.