WTB Used Revolver

kyleds8

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in the market for a used revolver .357 or similar as long as black bear capable, under $1000, preferably 5-7" barrel but flexible.

Many thanks!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I could give you a few nice revolvers to choose from, but its expensive to ship a handgun(and sometimes a PITA) these days so you would almost surely be better off buying local. Last I remember, and its been a few years but it was around $50 so im sure its more now. I havent been to a gunshop in a few years so im not even sure what they might have with this panic buying situation. Hopefully someone here closer to you can help. 357 is good with the right loads, a 41 is better and a 44 better still. Big holes matter. :)

Tyguy

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just posted a mint Ruger Security Six stainless 357 package with chest holster. $795.

wyosam

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ive got a stainless .357, I’d have to dig it out for details. Barrel is shorter than that, though I cant recall just how short. Ended up with it from an inheritance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stainless .44 super blackhawk, 10.5" barrel, Bowen rear target sight, stock blade front. Have stock sight, stock and Uncle Mike grips. also can sell carbide dies, brass, Hornady 240 xtp's, holsters (nylon and Simply Rugged leather).

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If you could find a Ruger GP100 in 44 Special with the 5" barrel in matt blue that would be the cats ass. I have one but have'nt used it yet but it sure feels good in the hand and a heavy loaded 44 Special in that strong frame will get you a safe 1150fps with a 255gr hardcast bullet....an Elmer Keith favorite for anything in the states.

OP
K

kyleds8

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you could find a Ruger GP100 in 44 Special with the 5" barrel in matt blue that would be the cats ass. I have one but have'nt used it yet but it sure feels good in the hand and a heavy loaded 44 Special in that strong frame will get you a safe 1150fps with a 255gr hardcast bullet....an Elmer Keith favorite for anything in the states.

yes that would be perfect... been making the rounds of some local gunshops, not much in the way of revolvers available and what there is is $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I feel for ya. Ive been looking around too as im a handgun enthusiast and its incredible what shops are asking for their revolvers...easily 2x pre-pandemic prices and rifles are no better. I mean, 1000 bucks for a used, but nice ruger super-blackhawk is crazy. In addition, there isnt much to choose from either

OP
K

kyleds8

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel for ya. Ive been looking around too as im a handgun enthusiast and its incredible what shops are asking for their revolvers...easily 2x pre-pandemic prices and rifles are no better. I mean, 1000 bucks for a used, but nice ruger super-blackhawk is crazy. In addition, there isnt much to choose from either
Oh boy, do you think prices will come down or is this the new normal? better to go private party?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hard to say but i dont see it changing any time soon. hardly anyone has any kind of ammo, bullets, powder, primers or even guns.......i have no idea where all the of these things are going as the manufacturers are running as much as they can. raw materials costs and transportation costs are thu the roof and wages are up a bit so i can understand the increased costs to a point though. i would hazard a guess we are in for at least another year of this craziness before things settle down and no way are prices going back to pre-pandemic levels...but hopefully come back to earth a bit. yes, i would go the private route for sure if you want something decent for an elevated, but decent price. $750-775 for nice ruger SBH sure, but a grand..not me.