Used Swaro SLC 10x42's - $1K

Look like these could be a good deal for someone who wants SLC's. B&H is a very reputable business. I've ordered used camera and optics gear from them for over 20 years and have always been impressed with the condition of their used equipment. This says condition of 7, but they probably aren't that bad. And with the Swaro customer service, you might be able to send them in for new armor if they need it. It would at least be worth calling B&H and asking them if the glass has any scratches or cleaning marks.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Right. I'd call them and ask about it. But newer SLC's are tough to find for $1K these days. I wonder if Swaro would repair the scratch if they were sent in. Does anyone know?

kravguy

WKR
Right. I'd call them and ask about it. But newer SLC's are tough to find for $1K these days. I wonder if Swaro would repair the scratch if they were sent in. Does anyone know?
I'm fairly certain they would. I bought a pair of slc on eBay 2 years ago that had something wrong with the focuser. They fixed em right up. They might charge for it, but I've seen where guys had work don't like that and it was like $140 at most.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
It would have to be a pretty major scratch to affect the image. If folks saw the lenses of professional press photographers, especially those that had scratches filled in with india ink back in the day... they wouldn't worry that much about scratched lenses.

It would have to be a pretty major scratch to affect the image. If folks saw the lenses of professional press photographers, especially those that had scratches filled in with india ink back in the day... they wouldn't worry that much about scratched lenses.

That was the surprising part to me. The chip was the size of a pencil eraser and didnt affect image at all. I would also call before buying; another place had some demos for sale at this price a few months ago and they turned out to be the previous non “HD” model.

Trial153

WKR
If you can get the current verison of SLCs from 1k to 1200, i really feel like its the best value in glass right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If you can get the current verison of SLCs from 1k to 1200, i really feel like its the best value in glass right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I had been looking at these too and I called and the serial # starts with D75 which would put them at 2005 model I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I had been looking at these too and I called and the serial # starts with D75 which would put them at 2005 model I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep lookin you will find newer then that if your patient

OP
Newtosavage
Keep lookin you will find newer then that if your patient
Probably so. I have owned two of the newest version of SLC's in the past 3 years, and paid right at $1K for each pair. But you gotta be ready to move quick.

Having said that, I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2005's and the newest versions, if there is any.

Probably so. I have owned two of the newest version of SLC's in the past 3 years, and paid right at $1K for each pair. But you gotta be ready to move quick.

Having said that, I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2005's and the newest versions, if there is any.

They went “HD” in 2010 and in 2012 they dropped the close focus mechanism which made them a little lighter and cheaper.

Here is a history of Swarovski presentation I have bookmarked and found to be an interesting read.

Swaro History

Not worth buying a much older model for $1000