Using a drone

Let me start by saying I have never flown a drone and the only thing I know about em is that I don't know anything. I have been researching in OCD fashion like I do all my backcountry gear purchases and have been seriously considering acquisition of a IDEAFLY Poseidon-480 IP67 Fishing Drone for fishing and scouting. Check it out:

[video=youtube;h-eZaIbdXzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-eZaIbdXzU[/video]

I live at the beach so for surf fishing and getting out into deeper water, checking out kelp paddies from afar or hunting swordfish this would be a huge advantage, especially with the quick release device. For scouting or doing ADC work on cattle ranches this might be helpful too. I believe there exists some restrictions on usage of drones for hunting and/or retrieving game that I would support. I wouldn't want someone flying one over my head on public land. Then again, they are used heavily by the hunting program producers soooo...what's the legalese there? Common sense says use it legally where you won't upset anyone. I sure would like to learn more about these things. What should I know?

Last edited:

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
For the price of the one you mentioned, i'd look at DJI. They may be the best know of drone companies, and i'm guessing you could pick up a used dji4 pretty cheap

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
For the price of the one you mentioned, i'd look at DJI. They may be the best know of drone companies, and i'm guessing you could pick up a used dji4 pretty cheap

Waterproof? The one I'm looking at says:

IDEAFLY Poseidon-480 Brushless GPS Fishing RC Quadcopter - RTF
DJI NAZA-M-V2 flight controller / 5.8G FPV / Waterproof / 700TVL Camera

I'm a buy once-cry once kinda guy.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i would put a drone in the technology field, so i dont know if the buy once theory applies. i'm guessing the 480 in the name is the camera resolution, which isnt that good. i'm not sure on the waterproof, but i've seen a lot of dji's drones flying on the beaches and rivers.