Using a dry bag in place of a pack.

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
What modifications are needed? Why couldn't I remove the Fortress bag and simply load the airplane bag on the meat shelf and cinch everything down using the Talon and top lid??

You can. That's exactly what I did on my Revolution posted above.

mfolch

WKR
Was the Cuban fiber/dcf noisy at all? That’s the only thing holding me back from a similar setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AK Troutbum
What modifications are needed? Why couldn't I remove the Fortress bag and simply load the airplane bag on the meat shelf and cinch everything down using the Talon and top lid??
You absolutely could. I wanted to replace a SG bag with a much lighter, waterproof bag, yet still have the ability to use it in combination with the load/meat shelf for packing out meat (on the shelf), along with camping gear in the bag. My main purpose for doing this was to shave wt. because it was going to be used by my son for an extended sheep hunt and I wanted him to go in as light as absolutely possible. Lighter, farther, faster.

OP
AK Troutbum
Was the Cuban fiber/dcf noisy at all? That’s the only thing holding me back from a similar setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really. At least I didn't notice it being any louder. I suppose that maybe it was when we were bushwhacking but we were making so much noise anyway and weren't in sheep country when we were in that terrain.

AKHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the fine ram! It looks like your CB bag worked well. Some friends and I have been using a dry bag on a Barney's frame for a few yrs now. It works well. I also pack a small dry bag along side to access items quickly. We use a Sealline 65L, which isn't made anymore as far as I know. I think this it on Ebay; SEALLINE ILBE MAIN PACK MAC DRY SACK WATERPROOF BAG 65L | eBay
There are other lightweight dry bags that would work.
packed and ready to hike.jpg
Packed with last load of trip.jpg
Down Mt with meat, Head, cape, day gear - very heavy.jpg