Using an older pack - what am I missing out on?

I've been messing with my pack setup and am thinking about buying an older pack from ebay or maybe one from here in the classifieds. There are a few packs in the running, all of which were considered high end packs at the time.

What am I missing out on if I buy an older pack? I know most packs are more feature-rich these days, but are pack suspensions better now than they once were? Are the foams and other materials improved? For example, how does a Dana Design pack from 2000, assuming it’s in good shape, compare with a Mystery Ranch pack today?

I am an old fashioned guy. I wear 2lb loggers and believe that people can get caught up in all that hype of advertising. I have hunted 8 years with a 1970's Kelty. I have also done up to 7 days with that old Kelty. Better to be able to hunt with old gear than not at all. That said, I was asked to try out an Eberlestock pack. I now have a Kifaru. But I can tell you that the difference between that old Kelty and the new Eberlestock is huge. I was not nearly as tired from either of the new packs. They felt as though I was carrying 15 less pounds. Would I recommend buying a new pack-Yes. But only if you have the spare cash, and are not still fine with what you have. I know it may not help much but that's the best advice I can give.