Using Android Phone to Read SD Cards in the Field

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Samsung Note 9, do any of you have a good method to read an SD card to an Android phone? I tried taking a USB-C to USB-A adaptor, and then plugging in a standard SD card reader to that but nothing happened and I couldn't see the external SD card. Anyone else have some suggestions?

twall13

WKR
I didn't have a ton of time when I was setting trail cameras a few weeks ago so I wasn't super worried at the time but this thread now has me concerned. I just got a Note 9 as well and when I plugged my sd card reader into it I couldn't find the memory card. Like I said, I didn't spend much time searching for it cause I was in a hurry but this sd card reader always worked with my old Google Pixel. I wonder if I need to download a program to help find the files? I'll update here if I figure anything out. I can't imagine it's a difficult fix but I'd hate to show up to check cameras and not be able to see what's on them in the field as my cameras are a 3 hr. drive away. If anyone with a Note 9 has had success please chime in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Paulyester

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
Update, I bought this SD Card reader from Amazon and it works great. Plugged it in and my phone immediately recognized that it was an external memory card and opened the appropriate app.

Got it on Amazon for $12 or something like that
9ef7595d237f913d4f1fbb5268afa6cd.jpg
688bddc8e7dcd6a2202ce5645bf2f649.jpg

twall13

WKR
I pulled my sd card reader out tonight to double check things and it seems to be working fine with my phone now. Not sure what the problem was while setting trail cameras but I'm relieved to know it's working now.