Using my house as a hunting blind

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Missouri's squirrel season opened a week ago and I have been diligently trying to thin the herd with both recurve and flintlock. My house butts right up against the woods so I have a target-rich environment close by, especially near my bird feeders. To make the activity more sporting, any rodent I can see near the porch is in a "bow-only" zone. We have sliding glass doors in our kitchen and living room and I can ease those open and shoot my bow from the comfort of the house. Camo is completely optional and the only time I need to worry about ticks is when I have to retrieve arrows that have missed their mark. Our daughter finds my antics endlessly entertaining and has made more than one comment to the tune of, "You may be a redneck if..." I don't care. I have fattened these little devils up all winter on high dollar sunflower seeds so now it's time to reap what I have sown, so to speak.

Darren

wlfQiIx.jpg

YmK1rZN.jpg

DEW0341

WKR
Sounds like good investing! I’m gonna start doing the same for the feral chickens we have here in Hawaii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
My wife, one of our sons and I pulled into the driveway one afternoon and saw two coyotes in the field behind our house. We quickly opened the safe and took two rifles into our bedroom and lowered the two window sashes and on the count of three...…. 2 dead coyotes. ( @ 350 yards) My wife walked into the bedroom and told us just how redneck that was. I quickly corrected her and told her that it wasn't redneck as for that to be redneck...……. we would have had to have left the empty shells on the floor!